HEDDphone - Now Available for Pre-Order
Feb 24, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #106 of 114
I got told it was tested extensively and there were only a few very big humans for who it don't sit that well.
Here is the thing. They HAD to know that wasn't enough padding on top. To increase padding, and reach farther on longer heads, they'd have to add 1/2 to 1 inch on each side. They should seriously consider a Version two with a more narrow (without increased clamp - like what the Sony top of the line NR BT headphones did) band, and more padding. Also that extra 1 inch slide, it just costs them a bit more in material, it's not like it can't be done. They could also increase the depth of the pads 1/2 inch to increase the comfort.

Mar 29, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #107 of 114
Here is the thing. They HAD to know that wasn't enough padding on top. To increase padding, and reach farther on longer heads, they'd have to add 1/2 to 1 inch on each side. They should seriously consider a Version two with a more narrow (without increased clamp - like what the Sony top of the line NR BT headphones did) band, and more padding. Also that extra 1 inch slide, it just costs them a bit more in material, it's not like it can't be done. They could also increase the depth of the pads 1/2 inch to increase the comfort.
Adding more means more weight to a product they want to make lighter.

Mar 31, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #109 of 114
1 inch longer metal sliders on each side, and thicker foam will add so little, nobody would notice the difference.
I disagree. It was already a heavy product and now trying to make it heavier. If it had to be done then I guess it had to be but it won't win any fan. You ever see those bridges? Just a kilogram past the breaking point will collapse it. You might be right but some of us wear our headphones for an hour and some (like me) wear them for 8 hours.

Apr 2, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #110 of 114
We'll have to disagree. If they can't fully reach someone's ears, or hurt the top of your head, that .05% lighter weight won't matter. They can also spend time finding ways to lighten the headphone in other ways. HiFiMan cut their headphone weights nearly in half as have others. HEDD is new to headphones and can figure this out eventually.

Apr 4, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #111 of 114
As a company, you have to make sacrifices. Either lose some of the customers with heads that don't fit, or lose some customers because the weight is too much. The question is, which aspect would gain more customer. Let's never attempt to make a perfect product that will please everyone. That will not happen.

This is not a planar headphone and afaik, AMT is heavier. Audeze has been around for a long time and they have never fixed the weight issue. To increase the size and length to that level would increase the weight by a respectable amount. As things get bigger a small increase in length net a significant weight increase. Take 25 inch tv vs 50 inch tv. I don't think you meant to say ".05%" because that is one twentieth of 1%.

Becareful of what you wish for. In an attempt to make the size fit everyone. The weight will only fit a few. Some might not know the difference between 750g and 850g but their necks do. Try carrying 5 pounds grocery for 2 hours. You will know what 5 pounds really is.

I am not opposed to increasing size and weight. As long as that will get more customers.

May 23, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #113 of 114

Users who are viewing this thread

Back