HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Aug 9, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #3,856 of 4,478
I am like many here, the plastic parts already got broken twice on my HEDDphone (they fixed it once under warranty after sending it back to Germany, and I glued it the second time in less than 5 months).. It could be made of some light metal instead this weak plastic part..
It's also not easy to keep the headband at the correct position (I have to re-position it almost every time I put the Headphone on my head).

I don't have such annoying issues with the DCA Stealth, Sony Z7M2, ....
I’m not sure how you could break them..unless you’re putting undue stress on the components.

Aug 9, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #3,857 of 4,478
I’m not sure how you could break them..unless you’re putting undue stress on the components.

Probably and I have no idea how I stress the component other than placing the cans on my ears...
As it's more than 40 years I using headphones (Sony, AKG, Sennheiser, DCA, Pioneer, B&O, Kingsound, Stax, etc many others..), and I had none till the HEDDphone which were so weak just by using them at home... I imagine HEDDphone is faulty. Nowadays I prefer to use the DCA Stealth and wait there will be some good fix for it.

Other had same issue on this thread, it was said that HEDD was providing the parts with an another type of plastic, but, for me, it's more or less as weak as the former one.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #3,859 of 4,478
Aug 9, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #3,860 of 4,478
Ah yeah you're right. Only ever tried it with the hedd at its max since I got a big noggin. Honestly, the heddphone barely fits as is, I wish it had a bit more adjustment.
Besides this only other thing I can think of might be some ghetto mod with one of the ZMF pads.
I'm determined to make these Hedds comfortable and you caught my interest with the ZMF pads. I've never looked at the ZMF site before - I see they sell 2 headbands the Pilot and the Copilot. I'm happy to have a go at modding, not sure which to go for. I have a spare Hedd headband I can try them out on as I had a replacement under warranty a few months ago due to the plastic clips breaking as other are mentioning here...

Aug 9, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #3,861 of 4,478
I'm determined to make these Hedds comfortable and you caught my interest with the ZMF pads. I've never looked at the ZMF site before - I see they sell 2 headbands the Pilot and the Copilot. I'm happy to have a go at modding, not sure which to go for. I have a spare Hedd headband I can try them out on as I had a replacement under warranty a few months ago due to the plastic clips breaking as other are mentioning here...
Sounds good

Aug 9, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #3,862 of 4,478
Unfortunately, neither. I've got both (purchased to use with my Auteur) and neither will work with Hedd -- the headband is too thick 'vertically' for them to stay on.

Aug 9, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #3,864 of 4,478
Find a way, find the way. They're an absolutely stunning sounding headphone with some of the worst design cues of any flagship ever produced.

Aug 9, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #3,865 of 4,478
I wasn't thinking of installing either of the ZMF headbands over the Heddphone's headband, my intention was to remove that and then install either of the ZMF headbands...
Those are not replacement headbands. Rather soft, velcro-attached pads which can be installed around the headstrap all ZMFs come with to make them thicker.

Sorry.

Aug 15, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #3,866 of 4,478
Those are not replacement headbands. Rather soft, velcro-attached pads which can be installed around the headstrap all ZMFs come with to make them thicker.

Sorry.
Ah, thanks, I see that now. I've actually reached out to ZMF to see what, if anything, they would recommend.

In the meantime, I'm revisiting the leather strap I bought from the eBay seller in the US....this time I've taken cues from the ZMF website where they also use a strap in addition to the headband to spread the load. Previously I'd set it tight, so that the headband hovered above my head. This time, I've set it to be looser, so that both sit on my head, but the strap is tight enough to take and (hopefully) spread some of the load. We'll see......

Aug 23, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #3,868 of 4,478
I saw some reports that they are bright. Don't here that at all. Actually, pretty neutral and even a tinge dark perhaps. Very even. Superb detail and clarity and speed, but with a kind of warmth and excellent smoothness (a bit SR-007 MK2ish in presentation).

Also- there even though they are clean sounding on one hand, at the same time they sound uniquely distorted- meaning good distortion- like tubes. I cant quite put my finger (or ear) on it but this is my current best description; pleasant tube distortion/crunch which actually increases perceived resolution...

These are an excellent compliment to my TC which is much more dynamic, while the Hedd is smooth and just more even sounding. I much prefer this presentation of "smooth" over the Susvara as this is much fuller sounding..

This is a winner...

Aug 23, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #3,869 of 4,478
I saw some reports that they are bright. Don't here that at all. Actually, pretty neutral and even a tinge dark perhaps. Very even. Superb detail and clarity and speed, but with a kind of warmth and excellent smoothness (a bit SR-007 MK2ish in presentation).

Also- there even though they are clean sounding on one hand, at the same time they sound uniquely distorted- meaning good distortion- like tubes. I cant quite put my finger (or ear) on it but this is my current best description; pleasant tube distortion/crunch which actually increases perceived resolution...

These are an excellent compliment to my TC which is much more dynamic, while the Hedd is smooth and just more even sounding. I much prefer this presentation of "smooth" over the Susvara as this is much fuller sounding..

This is a winner...
+1 to this post

Aug 23, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #3,870 of 4,478
I just got a pair of these headphones to try. My initial impression is they sound very very good and are very very uncomfortable.

I wonder how these compare to the Elite???
I own both.

Personally, I don't find Hedds very uncomfortable but I guess I can see how some would. But I will say that Elites are much more comfortable. Only caveat is that some have complained that the shallower pad option ends up with their ears rubbing the inside of the pad. Haven't experienced that myself, but my ears don't stick 'way out'.

I should note that I am one of the least 'sensitive to uncomfortable cans' people you will talk to. For example, I'm fine with my 650gram Blackwood Auteur. Only cans I really struggled with comfort-wise were my RAD-0 -- couldn't eliminate the hot spot on the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back