HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Feb 28, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #3,256 of 4,489
Anyone tried the heddphone with ifi Diablo ? Thinking of getting that DAC+AMP to drive them

Feb 28, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #3,257 of 4,489
I bought the Hedds a couple months ago, paired with, headamp gsx mini, Onkyo Refernce 7000 cd player, furutech gto d2 ncf power distributor, 2 ncf clearlines, blackcat 3202 interconnect, Norne silvergard balanced cable, to my ears Stunning Clarity, mids to die for, and deep deep bass, past hp have been, Shure 1840, focal elear, and clear, Grado gs 2000e, lcdx still have the xs, Hedd is Head and shoulders above these cans by a huge margin. End game for the price. I cant even listen to the lcds anymore..and they are a great headphone.

Feb 28, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #3,258 of 4,489
I am a huge fan of the Adam speakers (and in essence HEDD), and also planar headphones.
As far as i know they always struggled with lower ranges for the AMT driver. They stopped making the AMT mid drivers for a long time (last one was the Adam S4A i believe) How would the bass response be for headphones?
Superb, as deep as lcds any model, pick one I've listened to all of them, its presentation is slightly different than the lcds,

Mar 1, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #3,261 of 4,489
Yes ... and maybe, surprisingly (as AMT is basically used for twetters ?), able to go very far in low frequencies till (10/15 hz without loosing too much DB ?) and being very fast between the lowest frequencies till 500hz and offer very clear and fast impacts/kicks with amazing details in these range of frequencies.
At least, it's faster and goes lower than my TOTL close Headphone like the Ultrasone Ed15 veritas and even my IER-Z1R.

I wonder if any other headphone on the market can do this. As it is almost impossible to drive the HEDDPHONE with a portable amp, I am looking for another Headphone able to produce these impacts... but with a portable player/amp ?

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #3,262 of 4,489
I bought the Hedds a couple months ago, paired with, headamp gsx mini,
Is there any juice left with the GSX Mini? Absolute control? I like the HE-6se and GSX Mini. Imagine the question is a little redundant, but HEDDphone in the plans...

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #3,264 of 4,489
Mar 2, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #3,265 of 4,489
when properly amped, they really shine. they are very well extended across all spectrum.
And still criminally overlooked due to, well, felt weight and underwhelming comfort.

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #3,266 of 4,489
Is there any juice left with the GSX Mini? Absolute control? I like the HE-6se and GSX Mini. Imagine the question is a little redundant, but HEDDphone in the plans...
Absolute control, I run it on high gain, personal preference, but on low gain, even with the most dynamic recording, 2 oclock was as loud as my ears could take, on high gain almost everything thing I have never gets past 11 oclock on the volume

Mar 3, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #3,270 of 4,489

Users who are viewing this thread

Back