HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Jan 9, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #3,136 of 4,478
You use these cables with the Heddphone? I’m looking at the Lavricables Grand. How does it sound VS. stock cable?
Yes.

I really like the Lavricables (except for the ‘curliness’ — just a minor annoyance) w/ my Hedd, and also w/ my Auteur.

But I really can’t give a competent comparison vs the SE stock cable due to the SE vs balanced difference, sorry. I mean I can plug both into my LP, but then I’d be conflating the amp output differences with the cable differences.

I can compare stock vs the headphonelounge silver from my Hugo2go using an IBasso CA-01 adapter.

It’s not a huge difference from that source. I wouldn’t say tonality moves much — maybe perceive a slight increase in brightness. Bass certainly not reduced. Biggest difference is a bit more energetic/dynamic sound.

Honestly, the time needed to swap the cables makes it pretty hard to pick out the differences, which probably helps quantify the amount of difference I hear - meaning not much.

Jan 9, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #3,137 of 4,478
Yes.

I really like the Lavricables (except for the ‘curliness’ — just a minor annoyance) w/ my Hedd, and also w/ my Auteur.

But I really can’t give a competent comparison vs the SE stock cable due to the SE vs balanced difference, sorry. I mean I can plug both into my LP, but then I’d be conflating the amp output differences with the cable differences.

I can compare stock vs the headphonelounge silver from my Hugo2go using an IBasso CA-01 adapter.

It’s not a huge difference from that source. I wouldn’t say tonality moves much — maybe perceive a slight increase in brightness. Bass certainly not reduced. Biggest difference is a bit more energetic/dynamic sound.

Honestly, the time needed to swap the cables makes it pretty hard to pick out the differences, which probably helps quantify the amount of difference I hear - meaning not much.
Thanks!

Jan 9, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #3,138 of 4,478
Jan 10, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #3,139 of 4,478
Yes.

Adding another tidbit — silver cable opens the headstage a bit - pretty noticeable on Ray LaMontagne’s ‘Trouble’.

Jan 10, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #3,140 of 4,478
Does pure silver reduce bass?
Every cable which is faulty, bad soldered or has very high capacitance (edited) will change the sound. :)

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #3,141 of 4,478
Sorry if it has already been written in one of the 210 pages, but has someone directly compared the Abyss 1266 TC to the Heddphone not just at meets but at home for a long period of time ? Looking for an open TOTL headphone, I already have the ZMF VC which I love and will keep when closed back is needed and want also a can that sounds close to speakers listening (it seems the 1266 TC is close to that). Every input welcome ! Thanks a lot and happy new year to all !

Jan 10, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #3,143 of 4,478
Also does the Heddphone have the same connectors as Audeze/ZMF ?

I use some Audeze compatible cables with 4.4mm plugs.. though some says phases are theoretically inverted on the Heddphone.

With Neutron player we can invert phase while playing, but there is strictly no difference with any of my cables.

I just ordered the official XLR 4 pin cable from Hedd, but I don't expect any sound difference between my 3 balanced Hedd cables (100% silver 4.4mm, an Ultra low Capacitance cropper 4.4mm and soon the official 2.2m Hedd XLR 4 cropper)

Jan 11, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #3,145 of 4,478
Thanks for the information !

Anybody about the Abyss - Heddphone comparison ?
I had the 1266 Phi until a few weeks ago and still have the Heddphone. The Abyss is clearly the better headphone if you are looking for speaker like presentation. Personally I couldn’t live with the fit as I need headphones that hug my ears...not just sitting barely on it.

Jan 11, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #3,146 of 4,478
I had the 1266 Phi until a few weeks ago and still have the Heddphone. The Abyss is clearly the better headphone if you are looking for speaker like presentation. Personally I couldn’t live with the fit as I need headphones that hug my ears...not just sitting barely on it.
Thanks a lot for your input ! Pity it wasn't the TC but it helps already. I've never put the Abyss on, but I'll try to have a friend send me his one to check the fit. Looks like it can be a deal breaker. Other than the speaker like sound, does the Heddphone sounds on par with the abyss ?

Jan 11, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #3,147 of 4,478
Thanks a lot for your input ! Pity it wasn't the TC but it helps already. I've never put the Abyss on, but I'll try to have a friend send me his one to check the fit. Looks like it can be a deal breaker. Other than the speaker like sound, does the Heddphone sounds on par with the abyss ?
If you get the fit right it sounds utterly mesmerising. Best bass in the world for a start. Hedd is very good but really not comparable to the 1266...nothing really is.

Jan 11, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #3,148 of 4,478
I just sold my Heddphones. I like the sound but I will have work on developing stronger neck muscles a la Arnold Schwarzenegger before attempting long-listening again with the Heddphones.

I am hoping that the next generation of Heddphones will be significantly lighter. There should be a safety rule somewhere that requires all headphones to weigh less than, say, one pound (454 grams).

Jan 11, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #3,150 of 4,478
If you can afford it, I recommend it. Otherwise you will be hankering for it and buy it anyway down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back