HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Jul 31, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #2,583 of 4,489
Simply spectacular...these MASTER tracks balanced through my JOT really show what these phones are all about. After taking a week off from listening...I am placidly appreciative of having these to enjoy. The full spectrum of strings playing is beyond my ability to describe. Not one detail is missed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Jul 31, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #2,585 of 4,489
Set the [upgraded] Lehmann BCL to maximum gain and things sound even better.
Rachmaninov again. : )

Postscript: Added the DakiOm F273 Audio Feedback Stabilizer and Synergistic Research H.O.T. [blush] and everything got better: quieter, improved sense of separation and integrated space, and even fuller detail.

HEDDphone "Rachs".

Great for large scale orchestral pieces!

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #2,586 of 4,489
Simply spectacular...these MASTER tracks balanced through my JOT really show what these phones are all about. After taking a week off from listening...I am placidly appreciative of having these to enjoy. The full spectrum of strings playing is beyond my ability to describe. Not one detail is missed.

Pauly,
Agreed.
String detail is truly remarkable: re: third movement of Rachmaninov's Symphonic Dances, Opus 45.
Brass and reed are equally noteworthy, realistically detailed in every respect.
Haven't put on the Utopia in over a week.
: )

Jul 31, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #2,587 of 4,489
Pauly,
Agreed.
String detail is truly remarkable: re: third movement of Rachmaninov's Symphonic Dances, Opus 45.
Brass and reed are equally noteworthy, realistically detailed in every respect.
Haven't put on the Utopia in over a week.
: )
I’m all over these small room MASTER recordings. Amazing. GRADO collecting dust.

Jul 31, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #2,588 of 4,489
Natalie Merchant and Chantel Chamberland are my recent favourites. Their recordings are crazy good and through HEDDphone it's just hard to describe how enjoy and happy I am.

Jul 31, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #2,590 of 4,489
Anyone try these out of a vintage speaker amp, either out of the speaker taps or from the headphone 1/4" plug?

Aug 1, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #2,595 of 4,489
I got my pair in this afternoon and boy are they heavy. The crinkling of the drivers when you first adjust them was funny and bizzare, but no issues once you settle into listening. These were a gift from my wife so I was really excited to receiving them. Also the most expensive cans I've owned (it's more than 2x my LCD-2) so I felt real nervous unboxing them.

Been listening to Tool's Fear Inoculum for the past hour with these tanks over my head, and I love it. Not tops in the comfort department but the sound... damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

• madi
Back