HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Jun 1, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #2,267 of 4,473
I “did”...sold it...it was amazing...but not perfect for the HEDD...it out out a very strong 1W...it had great detail especially with the upgraded tubes...but not as much as the JOT balanced...but wildly, the WA7 had super headroom

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #2,268 of 4,473
Swapped in the 4-cores, 24 awg UP-OCC [stranded] silver cable. For me, and with the current rig, the dimensionality of the HEDD soundstage is preferable to that of the HE1000se. Detail [fine and delicate], speed and tonality are top-notch, too.

The HEDD are a bargain, but definitely benefit from an after market cable upgrade.

Jun 1, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #2,270 of 4,473
Yes, the sterero imaging and soundstage is indeed different to the hifiman lineup.
In some ways the closest comparison I listened to, regarding the imaginging and focus of tones, would be the stax-sr009s and the hd 800S, but both with different sound characteristics.

I'm wondering if being bald is actually an advantage wearing the heddphone:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I got long hair and I noticed often that it is actually not the weight itself, putting pressure on top of the head, but pulling my hair a bit.

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #2,271 of 4,473
Yes, the sterero imaging and soundstage is indeed different to the hifiman lineup.
In some ways the closest comparison I listened to, regarding the imaginging and focus of tones, would be the stax-sr009s and the hd 800S, but both with different sound characteristics.

I'm wondering if being bald is actually an advantage wearing the heddphone:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I got long hair and I noticed often that it is actually not the weight itself, putting pressure on top of the head, but pulling my hair a bit.

Im wondering what is the ideal amp for them...and if it’s cable or amp that’s critical or both.

Jun 2, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #2,272 of 4,473
I have a really good text track. Master quality...lots of instrumentation. These phones just crush. So appreciative to have them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 4, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #2,273 of 4,473
Thanks, Pauly.

Just did a quick a/b, using this track, between HE1000se and HEDDphone using the same cable [Neotech 8 solid cores UPOCC, 4x 28 awg silver and 4x 24 awg copper].

Although [perhaps] conceding absolute levels of detail and bass extension to the HE1000se, my ears get a more credible sense of dynamic, instrumental, spatial and tonal realism with the HEDD. Kick drums, for example, sound much fuller, more naturally contoured and hit with down-to-earth impact. In short, the entire music-scape is more credibly presented with the HEDDphone.

Not my genre, for sure. However, I did listen through and enjoy the entire album. Really enjoyed the bass line on the "King Kutner" track, too.

: )

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #2,274 of 4,473
Will be getting a 4x 22 awg Neotech UPOCC solid core copper cable for the HEDDphone.

The ultimate would be 8-cores Neotech UPOCC: 4x 24 awg Ag/Au + 4x 22 awg Ag. I do plan to get one of these cables right after I win the Lotto.

:smile_phones:

[Great price on the HEDDphone at Headphones.com right now, BTW.]

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #2,275 of 4,473
I am always amazed how many people hear the difference in cables and what you read in the forums afterwards. You'd think they all had a new HP. I can change cables however I want, I definitely never hear a difference between copper, silver or anything else... just nothing!

Either my ears are no good or it is clearly the placebo effect! One is always amazed what the placebo effect can do, the pharmaceutical industry has already cost billions!

Jun 4, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #2,276 of 4,473
Thanks, Pauly.

Just did a quick a/b, using this track, between HE1000se and HEDDphone using the same cable [Neotech 8 solid cores UPOCC, 4x 28 awg silver and 4x 24 awg copper].

Although [perhaps] conceding absolute levels of detail and bass extension to the HE1000se, my ears get a more credible sense of dynamic, instrumental, spatial and tonal realism with the HEDD. Kick drums, for example, sound much fuller, more naturally contoured and hit with down-to-earth impact. In short, the entire music-scape is more credibly presented with the HEDDphone.

Not my genre, for sure. However, I did listen through and enjoy the entire album. Really enjoyed the bass line on the "King Kutner" track, too.

: )

Yes as you know I’m so debating these cables for a very very long and I would love to be able to EQ my headphones first, which was suggested by another person

Jun 4, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #2,277 of 4,473
I am always amazed how many people hear the difference in cables and what you read in the forums afterwards. You'd think they all had a new HP. I can change cables however I want, I definitely never hear a difference between copper, silver or anything else... just nothing!

Either my ears are no good or it is clearly the placebo effect! One is always amazed what the placebo effect can do, the pharmaceutical industry has already cost billions!
Here we go again... Agree that people can overstate the effects of cable swaps and a change does not necessarily mean better but there is 100% evidence that different cables do sound different. IMHO this conversation should now be moved to another thread.

Jun 4, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #2,278 of 4,473
Will be getting a 4x 22 awg Neotech UPOCC solid core copper cable for the HEDDphone.

The ultimate would be 8-cores Neotech UPOCC: 4x 24 awg Ag/Au + 4x 22 awg Ag. I do plan to get one of these cables right after I win the Lotto.

:smile_phones:

[Great price on the HEDDphone at Headphones.com right now, BTW.]
That's a great price! Less than I paid for a new(used) pair.

Jun 4, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #2,279 of 4,473
Swisshead,
What cables have you tried, a/b-ed?
To me, for example, the "grain boundary" argument in favor of OCC-processed cable and the attendant [theoretical] advantages for signal transmission seem scientifically grounded and plausible.

Although that, in itself, might be no more than the sum total of my placebo effect.

But, OH! what a rapturous placebo effect it is!

:L3000:

[This thread needs an official HEDDphone smiley/emoji.]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back