HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Apr 23, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #1,862 of 4,475
Apr 23, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #1,863 of 4,475
718 grams. Unless the longer slider made it heavier.

Apr 23, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #1,864 of 4,475
718 grams
Well that's what I thought. I got mine today. They come in at about 725g without cable. What I am hearing is not in the least bit a bass shy headphone. My pair has a ton of midbass and I am a bass junkie. So far they sound somewhat different from what I heard at CanJam......both good and bad.

Is anyone breaking theirs in despite the fact that the included literature says they do not need it?

Apr 24, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #1,865 of 4,475
Well that's what I thought. I got mine today. They come in at about 725g without cable. What I am hearing is not in the least bit a bass shy headphone. My pair has a ton of midbass and I am a bass junkie. So far they sound somewhat different from what I heard at CanJam......both good and bad.

Huh. Ton of midbass? I'm certainly not getting that. Seems to be very accurate, linear bass to me.

Apr 24, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #1,866 of 4,475
Huh. Ton of midbass? I'm certainly not getting that. Seems to be very accurate, linear bass to me.
Oh boy.

I agree. Quite linear, certainly not "a ton."

And if anything, yes, arguably a bit bass shy dependent on your demands.

Apr 24, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #1,868 of 4,475
Well a ton of midbass compared to what others have described and more midbass than my Verite, close to the Atticus.

Apr 24, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #1,869 of 4,475
I guess we need to wait for some company to come with the shorter mini4PIN XLR replacement cable as those are simply too long. Anybody has any suggestions? This is my only issue so far. Oh the cable is really microphonic and stiff- the upper part from the Y split. Anybody has a shorter connector's cable idea? About the bass - they have a very well balanced bass, what stands out is an energy in the drums. It feels like real presence of the drums. Yesterday I've tried with classical piece - Savall Vivaldi "Juditha Triumphant" and voices are very smooth. This is unusual combination of smoothness, detail and lack of aggressiveness. Actually instruments have body and not just the contour and the edge of the sound. It is similar when you listed to say live violin and you cannot define the edge of the sound but the sound as a whole. Then you go home and you have the same concerto and you play it on your headphones and you can identify the edges in the better but more distracting way. And you notice this difference between live violin and the recording. This might add to the relaxed perception of the sound signature. It is relaxed, detailed and with the enough "body". I would not call it bright but from WA2 i do not call HD800 with SNR mod too bright either, rather fresh and spacious ( brighter than HEDD for sure). It is more dynamic than HE1k, has more detail as well IMHO. Soundstage is smaller than HD800 , not by much but the events are better defined and positioned in the space.

Apr 24, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #1,870 of 4,475
I guess we need to wait for some company to come with the shorter mini4PIN XLR replacement cable as those are simply too long.
I made my own balanced cable that is much better than stock cable and has 75pF capacitance instead 730pF in original cable. I use UP-OCC single crystal copper from japan company called Neotech. I hear the difference and Neotech sounds much better. Stock cable sounds like "under water".
DSC04484.JPG

BTW can make this cable as order if someone interested in. And HEDDs can sell also, check my Link in signature.

Apr 24, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #1,874 of 4,475
So? Do you listen to music in front of a mirror?
Weight could be an issue, but in order to design an ATM driver you need a big housing. Like when you have shoe size 13 or bigger, you will need large shoes.

There might be a misunderstanding here, i did neither say that i dislike their look nor did i critizise their size. I was only stating that they are very obviously big headphones and don't appear to be smaller than they are. Look up "deceiving".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back