HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Apr 14, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #1,757 of 4,489
Apr 14, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #1,758 of 4,489
If HEDD people are reading these pages, I wish they would consider making an earspeaker version of HEDDphones, e.g. AKG K1000, Raal SR1a, Mysphere.
That would shave off much from the 718 gram weight by getting rid of the earpads and allowing lighter-duty earcups and headband. AMT drivers already compete directly with ribbon drivers in the speaker world, so if Raal can use their ribbons in earspeakers, why not HEDD with AMT drivers? One can hope.. :)

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #1,759 of 4,489
Does the Hedd feels less heavy on the head than the lcd4? (or any headphones that has the same weight more or less cant think of any atm).
just wondering if the special headband design does its job.

I have the HEDD and the LCD4. I would say they are very comparable weight wise. However I find the HEDD more comfortable. They seem to distribute the weight better. I think it is the earpads

Apr 14, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #1,760 of 4,489
If HEDD people are reading these pages, I wish they would consider making an earspeaker version of HEDDphones, e.g. AKG K1000, Raal SR1a, Mysphere.
That would shave off much from the 718 gram weight by getting rid of the earpads and allowing lighter-duty earcups and headband. AMT drivers already compete directly with ribbon drivers in the speaker world, so if Raal can use their ribbons in earspeakers, why not HEDD with AMT drivers? One can hope.. :)
Well I would hope they would still have at least the same bass as they do now unlike the SRA1, which not only do not have much bass, have an awkward fit to them also.

Apr 14, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #1,762 of 4,489
Today we review the HEDDphone on HFN. A new recommended buy!
https://www.headfonia.com/heddphone-review/

Great write up. I will be reviewing these soon, but your comments on balanced vs. single-ended drive really grabbed my attention as they very much mirrored my experiences too. I've rarely come across a headphone that can sound so differently in either of these modes of operation. I prefer the more neutral and dynamic single-ended mode vs. the more laid back balanced version, but different strokes as they say. Well done!

We do definitely agree on the Recommended Buy...as I did. :)

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #1,763 of 4,489
Great write up. I will be reviewing these soon, but your comments on balanced vs. single-ended drive really grabbed my attention as they very much mirrored my experiences too. I've rarely come across a headphone that can sound so differently in either of these modes of operation. I prefer the more neutral and dynamic single-ended mode vs. the more laid back balanced version, but different strokes as they say. Well done!

I can’t wait to A/B them balanced and then to get the RME ADI PRO to really drive them

Apr 14, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #1,765 of 4,489
Would appreciate if anyone can advise whether i can use balanced audeze or abyss cable on Heddphones
Sorry you can’t. Audeze, Meze and ZMF cables though can.

Apr 14, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #1,766 of 4,489
WELL DONE!!

Apr 15, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #1,770 of 4,489
That is an interesting idea though I think that would immediately sacrifice the bass which is a problem all three of those headphones had.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back