HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Feb 27, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #1,261 of 4,472
Perhaps we should slow down.

Yes, the size fitment is an issue to be addressed. However, it would seem Joseph69's driver is an isolated incident.
One that has yet to be investigated and concluded.

I've no real issue with QC, weight or fitment. The headband itself, however, poses hotspots. Of which every headphone I've ever owned proposed.
Except the Empyrean. Where every single headphone manufacturer needs to take note of or bite the bullet and license from.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #1,262 of 4,472

Yes, the size fitment is an issue to be addressed. However, it would seem Joseph69's driver is an isolated incident.

I've no real issue with QC, weight or fitment. The headband itself, however, poses hotspots. Of which every headphone I've ever owned proposed.
Except the Empyrean. Where every single headphone manufacturer needs to take note of or bite the bullet and license from.

I wonder who has issues with hotspots have less hair (i.e. bald or balding)? I've never had this with any headphone on top of my head...even those where many have commenting on this?

Feb 27, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #1,263 of 4,472
I wonder who has issues with hotspots have less hair (i.e. bald or balding)? I've never had this with any headphone on top of my head...even those where many have commenting on this?
Probabilistic. I, for one, shave my head.

Feb 27, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #1,265 of 4,472
I'm just thinking those of us with plenty of hair on top of our heads are more immune to this over-heating?
Haha. It's possible. It's also likely I'm just a little bitch.

Feb 27, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #1,266 of 4,472
I'm just thinking those of us with plenty of hair on top of our heads are more immune to this over-heating?
I am thinking going bald soon, but because of I am going to buy Heddphone could you help me pin point the exact hot spot location so I will keep some hair at that area.

Feb 27, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #1,267 of 4,472
I am thinking going bald soon, but because of I am going to buy Heddphone could you help me pin point the exact hot spot location so I will keep some hair at that area.
1582835275387.png

Feb 27, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #1,268 of 4,472
For those who are currently listening to the HEDD, would it be accurate to say that it is closer to electrostatic sound than dynamic or planar?

Feb 27, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #1,269 of 4,472
It would be quite the look! But I’ve always suspected this as a cause of headband hot spots (back to the K701 days) as a possible reason.

Feb 27, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #1,271 of 4,472
It would be quite the look!
maxresdefault.jpg

I have never really encounter hot spot in my years of this hobby so I really do not have any experience with that. But one thing is for sure that as great as the sound of any headphone I would not trade it with comfort. Ultimately, it is the listening experience, which include both listening and comforting.

I would love to hear some reviews but I guess it is too soon for people who just had it for few hours or days. I am patiently waiting for a review or impressions and cannot wait to get my hands on one.

Feb 27, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #1,272 of 4,472
I ordered this headphone because of the hype of the new AMT technology in the drivers. For anyone who already owns the HEDD, when you listen to music, can you hear the AMT technology difference to the sound? Or does it just sound like a bright headphone?

Feb 27, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #1,273 of 4,472
Im confused. I own hd800S which has a rep for being bright but i find them just great, enough bass , with pretty true timber given my server. I have been told that hedd has more bass than hd800S but then there is this same re occurring rep that hedd is to bright? I own a full modded th900 for bass so not concerned about that from either HP. Is HEDD as wide as hd800S or better timber or what. Sorry for the interruption or if this has been asked. OR is the issue the source in which I recommend antipodes audio as a solution.

Feb 27, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #1,274 of 4,472
I agree 100%.
And as I mentioned, it's only when I cause it to happen and has no effect on the sound.

No hot spots here, but I have hair
I actually think the HEDD is comfortable for it's size & weight, and thankfully they fit my head (fully extended) just right.

Feb 27, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #1,275 of 4,472
For those who are currently listening to the HEDD, would it be accurate to say that it is closer to electrostatic sound than dynamic or planar?
Somewhere in the middle. The impression I'm always left with, this is what the HD800 should have been all along.

However, the resolving capabilities are first class. Although I'm also left with the truth this isn't quite as good as the T2+ 009.
It's close.

It's extremely hard to fault the sound characteristics -- most especially if you remotely include price as an consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back