HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Aug 21, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #4,081 of 4,489
After loaning my HEDDs out to my brother for the past half year I got them back today, they sound absolutely terrific on the Holo May + HPA4.
Truly unmatched separation, super wide stage, natural timbre (I'd say 90% of Susvara) but super clean treble and great sense of impact.
I'm giving them a small 50hz boost, toning down the treble past 12k a bit and I do eq out the 700hz bump.

Especially the combo with the HPA4 is stellar, that amp has extraordinarily fast note decay and I feel it really shows off the HEDD's lightning speed.
Probably those instantly emerging and disappearing notes are what gives it these resolving abilities.

Especially with the v2 hitting the market used prices will probably drop a bit and you're really getting TOTL sound for a bargain price. I was planning to sell mine but it's proven it deserves a spot in my collection yet again :)
Quite unexpected since I didn't have a v2 on the Radar at all.

However it seems to be the show highlight for quite a few canjam visitors.

Aug 21, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #4,082 of 4,489
Guess we will be getting lots of impressions in September. A friend of mine will visit them soon. His impressions are always good to read.

Aug 21, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #4,085 of 4,489
Hey guys.
I'm very curious testing out a new driver in my possession.

So my question is, how to categories the Hedd in terms of sound to my Verite Open (or Quad), for example? :)

I'm quite interested hearing the AMT bc of the JET5 Tweeter of my ELAC speakers. :hugging:

Aug 22, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #4,086 of 4,489
The Verite and the Hedd both target a certain degree of resolution that the Quad really can't touch. At their best, they are both capable of being very analytical in how they deliver sound. The Quad capitalizes on beauty of sound and is a different kind of animal, yet equally deserving of being a collector's choice, I would not compare it. The Verite and the Hedd both are very warm and holographic, if I had to try and differentiate them, the Hedd is like an open baffle imaging perfectly in a space, the Verite brings the ceiling to the floor and delivers a depth of space that is also as intimate in character as it is detailed. From my limited experience with the Verite Open, the best words that could be picked to describe these two headphones would be very similar, but these are actually very different headphones.

Aug 23, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #4,088 of 4,489
The Verite and the Hedd both target a certain degree of resolution that the Quad really can't touch. At their best, they are both capable of being very analytical in how they deliver sound. The Quad capitalizes on beauty of sound and is a different kind of animal, yet equally deserving of being a collector's choice, I would not compare it. The Verite and the Hedd both are very warm and holographic, if I had to try and differentiate them, the Hedd is like an open baffle imaging perfectly in a space, the Verite brings the ceiling to the floor and delivers a depth of space that is also as intimate in character as it is detailed. From my limited experience with the Verite Open, the best words that could be picked to describe these two headphones would be very similar, but these are actually very different headphones.
Appreciate that insight.
Thank you. :)

Will keep my eyes open to crap one and listen for myself. :)

Aug 26, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #4,090 of 4,489
Listened to the V2 at Canjam. I thought it sounded excellent. Quite close to the original with an added level of refinement, especially in the bass. Plus the ergonomics are so much better. It is significantly lighter. I'll look to add it to my collection in the future 😁

Aug 29, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #4,091 of 4,489
Listened to the V2 at Canjam. I thought it sounded excellent. Quite close to the original with an added level of refinement, especially in the bass. Plus the ergonomics are so much better. It is significantly lighter. I'll look to add it to my collection in the future 😁
That sounds promising

Aug 29, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #4,093 of 4,489
I just picked up the Monoprice AMT for under $300. Wow! It’s good, lots of similarities to the Hedd, but with more slamming bass, and more soundstage. Heddphone had louder mids and upper mids.
Wow! I bought that a long time ago, just to try it out, and thought it was hot garbage. The HEDDphone was drastically better. I hated it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aug 29, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #4,094 of 4,489
Wow! I bought that a long time ago, just to try it out, and thought it was hot garbage. The HEDDphone was drastically better. I hated it 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah the Monoprice was pretty bad. Almost no resolution compared to the HEDD which is quite detailed and textured.

The primary reason why people have differing opinions about the HEDD is due to it's power requirements. The HEDD requires juice; give it that and it is a whole different beast.

Aug 30, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #4,095 of 4,489
The Monoprice is great to my ears -- just not at the level of detail and resolution as the Hedd. I'm not giving up the Hedd's anytime soon, for sure -- but I quite like the Monolith AMT for what it is -- a fun can, more comfortable on my head than the Heddphone, and given how little I paid for it, I have less concern putting it in a case and carrying it with me to different offices. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back