HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Oct 18, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #2,941 of 4,488
Sold a pair, RAD-0 hedded out.
As I said to buyer of my RAD-0:

Gonna miss these (RAD-0). Just too many cans ‘too close together’. Hedd ‘stretch the field’ a little more.

Oct 18, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #2,942 of 4,488
Mini DSP Ears, seriously? We doing to analyze the response based on a rig that's inaccurate? I wouldn't even waste my time.

Earlier on I asked about suckout between 5-7k because somebody stated there is a suckout between 5-7k. There maybe a section in between that region, but there is no suckout that spans the range of 5-7k. I really don't see the significance of that statement. With measurements, we don't have highly precise measurements that we will often see specific reductions in the response in specific frequencies with majority of headphones out there, but the reliable measurements do not show a span of suckout from 5-7k (why even point out 5-7k?). I really don't understand why he's picking random measurements and saying there's suckouts. He needs to learn to filter out non-relavent measurements. Because I'm reading a lot of nonsense. We need to see analysis done with accurate measurements, and I won't take impressions that say 4XX is better than HEDDphone seriously.
Random measurements?
Jude's - random!
Crinacle's - random!

Seriously?

In fact I coudn't find any measurrement that doesn't show the 5-7kHz notch.
And more important, I hear it's effect, as others do here.

IMO it's your turn now to post a measurement that does NOT show the 5-7kHz issue.
Without heavy smoothing of course, which evens out any notch.

Reading your comments makes me think you don't have a HEDDphone.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #2,943 of 4,488
On another thread another head-fier didn’t like my perspective. I don’t know other way to describe things but I’ll tell you what.
These are the best there is to me....right here.
the fact that I can listen to this whole CD on blast and want more is a testament how good these are. Damn...I not only appreciate Jim but The Experience...the bass, the drumrolls...perfect

No more searching.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Oct 20, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #2,945 of 4,488
On another thread another head-fier didn’t like my perspective. I don’t know other way to describe things but I’ll tell you what.
These are the best there is to me....right here.
the fact that I can listen to this whole CD on blast and want more is a testament how good these are. Damn...I not only appreciate Jim but The Experience...the bass, the drumrolls...perfect

No more searching.

You must really love that CD. I can see it in your face.

Oct 21, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #2,948 of 4,488
@KaiSc -- "Going into detail would be too much here, but even the $160 HIFIMAN 4xx is preferable in my opinion."

something is wrong with your ears my friend...
More likely there's something wrong with his hedd :)

Seriously, he cannot be hearing what the rest of us are hearing to say that.

But everyone is entitled to their own ears/opinions. I'm not going to let it bother me.

Oct 21, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #2,949 of 4,488
@KaiSc

i own at least 100 headphones that including the 4xx and I own DOZEN hifimans from midfi to totl. never did my ears that 4xx is superior to hedd.

that simple statement of yours invalidates the whole and lenghty "review" of yours. I didn"t read it cause 99% of them are trash. I am.literally laughing off the floor reading some of them.

I hope your employer are not reading your so called review.

just funny. very...

lols

Oct 21, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #2,950 of 4,488
@KaiSc

i own at least 100 headphones that including the 4xx and I own DOZEN hifimans from midfi to totl. never did my ears that 4xx is superior to hedd.

that simple statement of yours invalidates the whole and lenghty "review" of yours. I didn"t read it cause 99% of them are trash. I am.literally laughing off the floor reading some of them.

I hope your employer are not reading your so called review.

just funny. very...

lols
You didn't read the review, but have a strong opinion on it - that's funny.
So you don't even know or understand the context.

The HEDDphone has a flawed tonality, compared to everything, even neutral sounding studio monitors in an acoustically treated room.
Additionally it has a completely inconsistent sound with slightly different head positions.
Every time you put it on your head it sounds different, if you move a little and it slips a bit, it sounds different.

A flawed tonality overshades all possible positives, which finally I couldn't find much anyway.

The above disqualifies it for it's advertised use case as studio monitor.

People like what they like, and I have nothing to say against that.
As I had explained, HEDDphone simply isn't for me.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #2,951 of 4,488

The HEDDphone has a flawed tonality, compared to everything, even neutral sounding studio monitors in an acoustically treated room.
Additionally it has a completely inconsistent sound with slightly different head positions.
Every time you put it on your head it sounds different, if you move a little and it slips a bit, it sounds different.

A flawed tonality overshades all possible positives, which finally I couldn't find much anyway.

just one question? do you still work as sound engineer as you profoundly boasting in the forum?

Oct 21, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #2,952 of 4,488

Did u ever consider that u might have a defective HEDDphone?

Oct 21, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #2,953 of 4,488
Did u ever consider that u might have a defective HEDDphone?
No, mine measures in line with other published results in the internet.
And left and right cup are very closely matched.

Ya, its a whole new HEDDphone (no puninteded 😉)
I thought that this headphone has a serious issue with timbre/musicality but once I got the silver cable, that issue vanished as if it never existed 😂
This headphone is VERY musical and the timbre is REAL!!!!
Forgot to mention, it also removed the infamous veil that it had. (Similar sounding to the 6xx veil, for those that know)

I'd like to remind you to your own impressions, that I can confirm.
Opposed to that I did not find a cable or amp pairing that changed this the slightest.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #2,954 of 4,488
No, mine measures in line with other published results in the internet.
And left and right cup are very closely matched.

I'd like to remind you to your own impressions, that I can confirm.
Opposed to that I did not find a cable or amp pairing that changed this the slightest.
So you’re saying that you’ve tried it with all silver balanced cables and u heard no difference??

Oct 21, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #2,955 of 4,488
So you’re saying that you’ve tried it with all silver balanced cables and u heard no difference??
Right.

A cable can't fix anything that's wrong with the driver.
Brain burn-in doesn't work for me, as I get "recalibrated" at work :gs1000smile: and with all the other high-class headphones I use.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back