HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Apr 27, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #1,937 of 4,472
It's a DAC/AMP from Burson Audio, you can find on their website about retailer information there.
Conductor 3R is Single ended, while 3X is balanced.
Recently released cheaper version 3P and 3XP too.

Apr 27, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #1,938 of 4,472
After 4 days of break in 14 hours a day with music of various genre the sound stage has changed for the better. Initially it was flat and in your face. Now it is more spherical. I'll give it a few more days before critical listening and comparison with the 3F. The amps, Ragnarok and Luxman L507 have plenty of power and control.

Apr 27, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #1,939 of 4,472
Is it a good idea to pair an pre-/amp especially made for speakers, as the Luxman L507, with the heddphone?
What is your experience with other amplifiers compared to those?
As noted the 15k+ I listened to was the worst of all.
What about the Ragnarok?

Apr 27, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #1,940 of 4,472
re: speaker amp
The Ragnarok and Luxman are the only amps available at the moment, so nothing else to compare them with. $15k amps are out of my range, so it's not an issue. I'm using the headphone jack on both the Luxman and Ragnorok. They are plenty powerful enough, probably more than necessary. I doubt that a speaker pre/amp is required, it's just what I have. I know that the Luxman has excellent control of the speakers I drive with it. Not sure of the circuitry of the headphone jack. Just tried the Luxman today for fun but maybe later I'll compare the two driving the Hedds. The Ragnarok has received excellent reviews as a powerhouse. I only use it for headphones, so can't speak to it's ability to control hard to drive speakers. Before the Ragnarok I was using a Mjolnir 1 to drive the 3f. I find the Ragnarok is a step up in sound quality.

Apr 27, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #1,941 of 4,472
Is it a good idea to pair an pre-/amp especially made for speakers, as the Luxman L507, with the heddphone?
What is your experience with other amplifiers compared to those?
As noted the 15k+ I listened to was the worst of all.
What about the Ragnarok?

Some preamp/amp/receivers have truly excellent and powerful headphone outputs, mainly the vintage ones as the HO is tapped directly into the output transformer.

Apr 27, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #1,942 of 4,472
Some preamp/amp/receivers have truly excellent and powerful headphone outputs, mainly the vintage ones as the HO is tapped directly into the output transformer.

Correct....the Pioneer ones are outstanding for this and would likely pair with these HEDDphones very well!

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #1,943 of 4,472
I sent an email to HEDD and am awaiting a response. If I get no response, I may return just return them to my dealer for a replacement, before giving up on them.

Apr 27, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #1,944 of 4,472
It’s the micro detail that gets me every time...listen to this on TIDAL

It’s the littlest things...when A/Bing these with other phones they just can’t hang

imaging
separation
speed

perfection

2:00 single ended on the Shiit Jot...I don’t need louder it’s ideal

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 28, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #1,946 of 4,472
My Heddphone is arriving this week and my current headphone is the LCD-3F, so I'll probably chime in on their differences too.
My setup is Gumby + V281 (balanced all the way) and I'm hoping this is a good pairing with the Heddphone.

I'm looking forward to hearing the soundstage, since I consider that to be the biggest minus in LCD-3. But at the same time I fear the Heddphone might leave me longing for the full-bodied, muscular sound of the LCD. I have the resources to keep only one of them, so it will be interesting to see which one I'm more comfortable with.

Apr 28, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #1,947 of 4,472
My Heddphone is arriving this week and my current headphone is the LCD-3F, so I'll probably chime in on their differences too.
My setup is Gumby + V281 (balanced all the way) and I'm hoping this is a good pairing with the Heddphone.

I'm looking forward to hearing the soundstage, since I consider that to be the biggest minus in LCD-3. But at the same time I fear the Heddphone might leave me longing for the full-bodied, muscular sound of the LCD. I have the resources to keep only one of them, so it will be interesting to see which one I'm more comfortable with.

I have v281. their good pairing. Im using a diff dac though.

Apr 28, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #1,948 of 4,472
I fear the Heddphone might leave me longing for the full-bodied, muscular sound of the LCD. I have the resources to keep only one of them, so it will be interesting to see which one I'm more comfortable with.

I don’t think so. What it does is perfect presentation. District / clear / neutral ...unbridled precision. That’s just my opinion
It’s why I can’t get enough jazz from these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back