Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Jul 23, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #1,411 of 1,734
Well mine came in the mail yesterday and after a quick listen, they are great! Definitely a depth to the music I haven't heard before, granted these are my first pair of decent phones, my last pair were E2Cs. Artwork looks good and they come in a padded soft pouch, not just a bag which is cool. The main reason i got these is because i'm a drummer and i'll be using these with an in ear monitoring system, have a rehearsal Saturday so i'll see how they do. So far so good, more details and pics later.

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #1,412 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HEY FOLKS! mine just came in the mail! they fit great!! they look great! my art work looks great too! i've got 1 question and 1 disappointment though..

Question:
am i suppose to be able to hear ppl talk with them inserted but no music playing? it certainly drowns out noise a great deal but i can still hear the telly a bit without music.. normal?

Disappointment:
Andre fitted them with the old hearyourself cable not the new sony cable... WHY DAMN IT WHY!! =''''((

Yes you are suppose to be able to hear people talk, even when you're taking ear impressions when your whole ear is filled right to the rims you can still hear people. So it's normal, but the noise should be no greater then approximately to someone whispering to you.

Send Andre a email about it maybe?

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #1,414 of 1,734
Quote:

...Andre fitted them with the old hearyourself cable not the new sony cable... WHY DAMN IT WHY!! =''''((

What new Sony cable?

Quote:

...now that i think about it.. it makes sense how singers can perform with these things on now.. hahahha!

Why is that so? U mean they hear e response frm e audience thru e seal loss?

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #1,415 of 1,734
Quote:

thanks for clearing up the isolation part.. the earphones fit well.. and now that i think about it.. it makes sense how singers can perform with these things on now.. hahahha!

That's half right, Ultimate Ears and other brands including Alien Ears offers an Ambient feature which lets outside noise bleed in to your ears so you can hear your surroundings.

Jul 24, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #1,416 of 1,734
ok i think i'm pretty sure i'm not getting a proper seal.. i've tried all kinds of things including opening my mouth while inserting the earphones... and its not giving me the isolation its supposed to! i heard old women talking on the bus, heard announcements and bells on trains.. even heard a couple of kids talking next to me while my music was on at half the ipod volume! i've tried calling hearyourself but i guess my timing was off.. they would have been off work when i tried.. did leave a msg though.. hopefully they'll get back to me soon.. sigh guess i've got to send them back and wait a couple weeks.. all the anticipation...

on a side note.. any burn in time required for them?

Jul 27, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #1,420 of 1,734
Quote:

i don't know.. this is my first pair of customs.. everything is new.. i'm quite disappointed since the isolation is worse than my e3cs with olives!

A week ago I went to an audiologist to make my impressions. Since I was busy I couldn't send them to the ear lab right away and they just lied on my desk. A few days ago I was sure there were some flaws in it. When I looked into the mirror a saw flattening at the top. It looked like some sort of flattened hole as it was partially formed. When I tried them I could hear outside noise from television etc..

A few hours ago I did go to a different audiologist as I was worried about the impressions. The guy over there was really nice and expected both impressions thoroughly and he concluded there were several flaws in it. There was a flattening at the top as I figured out, but there were also minor issue on outer side. He decided to make new ones for free. I did hear a hugh difference in outside noise comparing to the old impressions. I hardly couldn't hear him while he was talking to me with the new impressions in. I guess a good impression makes a big difference.

He adviced me to send the package right away cause the material will change and after two weeks it's useless. He told me they use 3d scanners to scan the impression right away, a mold comes right out of the computer. Unfortunatly they make no triple driver iem.

Jul 27, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #1,423 of 1,734
Had a chance to really listen to these over the weekend after about 75 hours of burn in and wow! These really are great! Sound quality is well above anything i've heard, (granted i'm new to the world of head-fi). Fit, seal, and isolation are all perfect. The artwork is really good, 8 of 10 but could be a little more crisp around the edges. Cosmetically these look as good as anything i've seen from the big companies over in the Calling all Customs thread and other threads around the board. SQ wise i don't have much to compare them to but like them much more than my E2c's. I instantly get a perfect seal where i used to have to fight to get that type of seal with the E2c's.

Jul 27, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #1,424 of 1,734
Are you willing to share a pic of your new acoustic immersion to the world?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back