Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Jan 26, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #1,096 of 1,734
I don't know where "here" is but most audiologist shops will do it for 50-150 US.
Don't feel too bad. Most of the people here that took the plunge had thier impressions done porfessionaly. I chose to do mine and my son's but I've been an X-ray tech for over 30 years and I was totaly confident in what I know about the anatomy of the inner ear and my abilty to do it safely.
Like HY says, if you don't feel confident doing it yourself have a pro do it for you

Have you picked out a color yet?

Jan 26, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #1,097 of 1,734
I didn't realize how lucky I was, but I called around & found an audiologist who did my impressions for $10 USD. He's listed as being an UE authorized audiologist/impressionist(?) and he was very competent & professional. Bottom line though: my C3s fit perfectly!

Jan 27, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #1,099 of 1,734
Can anyone compare the c3 vs triple.fi in terms of SQ. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:14 AM Post #1,100 of 1,734
So I'm guessing that nobody's tried both the C2 and C3 for comparison? I'm looking at getting one of these in the coming weeks but I'm torn between the two.

It's probably going to be the C2 at this stage due to the lower price
redface.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #1,102 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by JuStlcE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, how's the different between Livewire and FreQ show ?

If you want to read through all of the pages in this thread (HaHa) you'll find that there are few people who have compared The Livewires to the Freq's at least not mentioned here. There are Liverwires and Freq's threads that may give you more info. I'm not tossing you out. It's just that the answer to your quetion isn't here.
If you're asking how the Livewires and Freq's compare to the Hearyourself. com/Alien Ears, the you will have to read all of the thread. Being as customs are generaly expensive and one owner only there are very few individuals that have tried more than one brand.

Jan 30, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #1,103 of 1,734
Well I got my impressions done today for $35 australian
The guy had never done impressions before for musican monitors
So there were lots of questions. It was amusing. Oh well I'll be posting them on Monday

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #1,104 of 1,734
Does anybody know if the livesearch discount still works? I followed those instructions step by step and it doesn't work for me. I've emailed Andre, but he hasn't replied. That's the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on C3s..

Feb 1, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #1,109 of 1,734
You sign up and they now have your email. When you search at "Livesearch.com" and find the item at one of thier sponsor sites the search engine will re-direct you and have you sign into your livesearch cashback account along the way. they post a message saying that your purchases at said store will apply to the ??% cashback. but you won't see it on your reciept from the site. The cashback bonus goes into your account as a pending amount for 60 days. they say that it's to make sure you don't return the item or that you have time to settle any disputes with the seller. Even eBay item cashback bonuse get put on hold for 60 days. They say that Paypal can at thier dicretion award the bonus prior to the end of the 60 day waiting period but I've not had it happen to me.
At the end of the 60 day period you get an email from Livesearch telling you that your funds are now availl. and you can have it applied to your PayPal account.
I have used it three times for a total of about 100.00 there is still 4.00 left in there but they won't "Award" it to your Paypal account unless there is at least 5 dollars in your cashback account.
So it does work. You just have to find the best percentage back from the Listed sponsor sites.
I have found that many sites will list the price with the cashback in mind. EI one site might have it for 500.00 and have a cashback bonus of 20% making the price 400.00. and then another site may have a cashback bonus for the same item at 25% but the price is 560.00 making the end price 420.00. so they usually end up pretty close to each other. and the bonus usually ranges somewhere below 10 % so unless a particular item like the Hearyoursel.com's have an extra large 30% bonus it's not usually all that much of a discount over a general Google shopping search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back