Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Nov 6, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #632 of 1,734
After about a day of use, I've gotta say, I can never go back to universals!!! The sound on my C3's are so much better and are much more comfortable and stable. I officially recommend investing for those you haven't. I am so glad that the cashback offer pushed me over the edge.
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #633 of 1,734
hey sorry I fell off the face of the thread, Boomy your son's look AWESOME!

Nov 7, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #635 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachkarl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After about a day of use, I've gotta say, I can never go back to universals!!! The sound on my C3's are so much better and are much more comfortable and stable. I officially recommend investing for those you haven't. I am so glad that the cashback offer pushed me over the edge.
biggrin.gif

Hey man, i was wondering for you using the cash back offer, how long does it take exactly to get the cash back??

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #637 of 1,734
According to LiveSearch they place the cashback bonus in your pending Acct. for 60 days to give you a chance to returm the item if you choose Although it's kind of a Moot point since you can't just return eBay items.

Anyway, After that they will credit your PayPal acct with the bonus. But you have to keep checking and ask for the transfer when the time comes.

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #638 of 1,734
wow i'm so close I can feel it. there doesn't seem to be an international custom colour option without rush. I guess i'll have to email them about it. sounds like they have a similar SQ to the SE530 is that true anyone.

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #639 of 1,734
The closest hing I have to compare is the UE SF5 pro and they are nothing alike. The UE's are much airier and less bass. The Sleeks I had were similar to the UE's but not as round as the UE's so those are my humble opinions. I don't know if there are any SE530 users out there that also have tried the HY's

EyemEye seems to have had the widest experience with IEM's

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #640 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow i'm so close I can feel it. there doesn't seem to be an international custom colour option without rush. I guess i'll have to email them about it. sounds like they have a similar SQ to the SE530 is that true anyone.

I need to listen more but I would say my initial impression is that the C3s are much more similar to the SE530 than the Triple-Fi.

Nov 7, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #642 of 1,734
No! But your brain will. If your used to listening wih dynamic drivers, Senn's, Skull Candy, Bose, Shure ec2, Denons, your ears will haave to adjust to the Balanced Armature Drivers of the C-3's

The dynamic drivers have a familiar punch to them whereas the Balance Armature are more "Flat' or EQ zero./ Where your are used to turning up the volume to hears things you'll be lowering the volume to hear more of the soundstage. You'll hear more of the undertones of the instruments and vocals because they won't be overpowered by the "punch" of the basses and highs. The bass will not be lost just clearer and more satisfying. You'll hear things like the turning of pages or breathing in the vocals. even the sounds of fingers accross strings. It's realy quite breathtaking. and it's what makes High End worth every penny. If you have a bad recording however you'll find all of the flaws in it as well. There are several threads with suggestions as to how to rip your CD's into better files.

I know you'll be amazed and you'll be right back here telling us how happy you are with them.

Nov 7, 2008 at 8:04 AM Post #643 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need to listen more but I would say my initial impression is that the C3s are much more similar to the SE530 than the Triple-Fi.

thats what I thoughtm from what i've read about the SQ it sounds like the SE530 SQ. slightly rolled off highs, beautiful but slightly forward mids, and bass to die for; I hope they aren't too similar though because otherwise I may as well just get the custom shell for my SE530. you guys are using them amped yes?? anyone using a pico with the C3??

I'v owned the triples before and didn't like them (to much fatigue for the amount of time I spend with them on, recessed mids and uncomfortable) so this is a good sign; if they are like a more refined SE530 with better isolation then i'm sold; then I can give the home rig some more attention (until I can afford the UE11 that is
wink.gif

Nov 7, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #644 of 1,734
I use a Headroom Total Airhead on my Big Rig Ipod 80gb 5th gen but I only use a Travagan's Colors or Fiio e3 (bass boost) micro with my Shuffle 2gb. The HY's only have 13 ohms so any amp will help color the sound and eliminate hiss.
An Amp is not necessary to "drive" them.

Nov 7, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #645 of 1,734
Hey people,

OK, two things, firstly you all suck because my monitors are on the way right now and waiting for them is hard enough without all of you reminding me how awesome they are gonna sound
tongue_smile.gif
Also, I got a very nice email from Andre today, he seemed unaware that I had sent him 3 emails with no reply, he said he thinks they may have been accidentally filtered by his spam filter which would make sense cuz he's never ignored my emails before.. Anyway, all is sorted now so I can once again say that his customer service was fantastic and all this complaining was the result of a miscommunication.. And me being impatient
biggrin.gif

Secondly, I got an email back from Plastics one and I need to send them some wire to make a prototype cable for me, which is no problem, but we need to decide on some wire! At the moment, we're looking at some 30awg silver cable from diyhifisupply (Link). Anyone have any objections? If so, what would you prefer? Providing our own cable is no problem and there's a possibility they may let us use our own terminations as well, but I'll have to send a sample of them in also. What would people like for the ends of their cables?

Also, we need to decide on length and price, I think, I told them if they could do it for less than $40 per cable, that would probably be cool but less is more, if you know what I mean
tongue_smile.gif
Anyway, I'm gonna start a thread about it when I have done a little more work on it, I'll prolly order some wire this w/e, depending on how my bank account is looking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back