Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Nov 5, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #601 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jt31, those look great, congrats.

As for your question regarding the UE custom cable, the major difference is in soundstage/instrument separation and treble. The UE cable puts some space between the instruments and brings out the treble. I did notice a greater jump in SQ with the UE cable and the FreQ as opposed to my C3 (was using the FreQ cable with both FreQ & C3 at the time, so the C3 cable didn't enter the equation), but it did enhance the C3 sound enough to justify the upgrade.

If you are going to try to pry the cable out, be very careful, don't want you to split your shell like I did.

Hmm where did you get your UE cable? Did you get the UE cable cable for their custom IEM or the normal UE cable?

Nov 5, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #602 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stikk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Jt31, do you perchance remember what date your impressions arrived at the lab?

Stikk - I got my impressions kit on 10/24/08 - I sent to the lab via UPS 2 Day and the lab received on 10/29/08 - Received my complete order yesterday 11/4/08. Mind you I paid $50 more for a rush order. So it was a 6 day turn from lab to doorstep.

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #603 of 1,734
lol. i did not pay extra for rush order, i only did custom art but my turn around is 6 days. The extra cost for custom art include rush? And they ship by USPS Express Mail International. Will be able to get my C3 in less then a week.

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #604 of 1,734
Quote:

Jt31, those look great, congrats.

As for your question regarding the UE custom cable, the major difference is in soundstage/instrument separation and treble. The UE cable puts some space between the instruments and brings out the treble. I did notice a greater jump in SQ with the UE cable and the FreQ as opposed to my C3 (was using the FreQ cable with both FreQ & C3 at the time, so the C3 cable didn't enter the equation), but it did enhance the C3 sound enough to justify the upgrade.

If you are going to try to pry the cable out, be very careful, don't want you to split your shell like I did.

EyeAmeye - ok so the high end that is a bit wanting on the C2's would be complimented by the high end clarity/boost that comes with the UE cable. Interesting... if that's the case I'm probably going to spring for the UE cable in clear. If I dont like it I'll post it for sale to anyone here.

Nov 5, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #605 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jt31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EyeAmeye - ok so the high end that is a bit wanting on the C2's would be complimented by the high end clarity/boost that comes with the UE cable. Interesting... if that's the case I'm probably going to spring for the UE cable in clear. If I dont like it I'll post it for sale to anyone here.

Ah, the C2 & C3 seem to share the high end it appears. The UE cable should give it a little boost. Don't expect magic, but it will improve it and widen the soundstage and give it some air. More subtle than the improvement to the FreQ, but it's there and I think worth the upgrade.

DesperateGhost, only place I know to buy the UE custom cable is UE's website and make sure it is the custom cable. The cable for the Triple and Super aren't the same as the custom and are inferior.

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #607 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by dantztiludrop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I remember reading something about the clear cable oxidizing & turning green....is this true?

My UE11 clear cable is now a wonderful shade of green
icon10.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #608 of 1,734
Quote:

.. wonderful ...

haha
biggrin.gif
I hope you're telling your true feeling
tongue.gif

The Westone clear cable looks like having a shield layer. I wonder if it has the same "syndrome" with that of UE?

Nov 5, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #609 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha
biggrin.gif
I hope you're telling your true feeling
tongue.gif

The Westone clear cable looks like having a shield layer. I wonder if it has the same "syndrome" with that of UE?

Yes, I actually like the color and think it goes well with the clear & titanium shell. It's actually more turquoise than green, very cool looking.

Nov 5, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #610 of 1,734
I saw my friend's Shure E5c's cable turning green and felt sorry for it
frown.gif
Somehow I feel the cable becomes stiffer when being oxidized. Clear insulation is always cooler but I'm really scared of wearing something green on my ears.

Nov 5, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #611 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw my friend's Shure E5c's cable turning green and felt sorry for it
frown.gif
Somehow I feel the cable becomes stiffer when being oxidized. Clear insulation is always cooler but I'm really scared of wearing something green on my ears.

My cable didn't stiffen at all, just the color change.

Why scared of green on the ears? Am I not aware of some danger? Will I die?
confused_face_2.gif
icon10.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #613 of 1,734
Got my delivery confirmation number. Should be here either Friday or Saturday.

Those customs came out real nice. I'm kind of regretting not getting something custom since it was a free option at the time of purchase, but I really couldn't think of anything to put on.

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #614 of 1,734
Stikk,

I can't imagine why Andre would not be returning your eamils if he's been so good about answering others. It dosn't make any sense. He knows as well as anyone else that his business can depend greatly on threads just like this one and any Bad reviews, even concerning customer service can be devistating to his sales.

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #615 of 1,734
I got my C3's today. I sent the impressions on October 14th and got the monitors on November 5th. I like the sound so far and they are pretty comfortable. I think both of these will get better with time. There is a little bit too much bass in my book, but EQ takes care of that. I am a musician, so I got them in my skin tone. I sent a swatch for them to match, and they did a good job. They look like caramel hard candies actually. I asked to have clear ear canals, but that request was just ignored... oh well. I have a Westone cable that I still need to try out. Here are some photos...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back