Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Nov 4, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #586 of 1,734
Stikk,

It's not bad for silver. Thier pre-braided is 22g. I think we need 30g for our needs. I ordered some single strand 30g from DIY supply ltd in Hong Kong (3USD/Meter) and some neutriks plugs from Parts Express 1.45 for straight and 4.25 for right angle)here in the states.

I'll let you know what developes.
Also, As I sit here i'm listening with my new i2i Steam wireless transcievers and I can't tell any difference from a straight connection but I'm not moving about much. So so far so good. If I use an amp, I definitely get interference. but I can't tell any difference in SQ without the amp.

Nov 4, 2008 at 10:09 AM Post #587 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stikk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, now I am annoyed.. I ordered mine on Oct 11 and have not recieved a shipping notice.

I have emailed Andre, if he doesn't reply within a couple of days, I am going to launch a dispute thing with Paypal, this is ridiculous, he has given me NO information and it's been almost a month. Not cool.

Anyway, as for the wire, i dunno what kind I was thinking, yet, HGA does have some nice stuff but it's pretty pricey, it's about USD3/ft, isn't it? That's per strand, as well, and assuming we use a common ground cable and the Y-split is 1ft from the connectors that works out to be.... *calculates* 21USD, for a 4 ft cable; plus another 10 for a decent connector... Ok, not nearly as expensive as I thought it was gonna be
atsmile.gif

My impressions arrived at their lab on Oct.17. I got that info from FedEx tracking, not HY.
HY usually doesn't send a notice until the IEMs ship to you. I got a PayPal notice when they shipped.

I ordered a week before that.

When did your impressions arrive at their lab?

Nov 4, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #588 of 1,734
I also receive a email from Paypal that my iem are shipped today. My impression arrived the lab at October 27. Very fast i can say 1 week and my C3 are ready.

Order Little Dot MKI+ headphone amp for my C3 today. Hopefully will arrive around the same time.

Stikk try sending more emails. He replied today to the email i sent yesterday. Maybe he receive too many email that he miss yours or you mail are in junk mail folder?

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #592 of 1,734
Hey Boomy, any chance you could gimme the address of that place in HK you got your silver wire from? I'd like to order some.. I find it hard to justify buying things from the US that have been made in asia, given that I live like 5hrs flight away from asia so they have to go from there, to the USA and back to Aus! Ridiculous
tongue_smile.gif

I spoke to Australia Post yesterday and they said that my impressions were delivered on October 23rd, so I know they got there, at least. Still, there are plenty of people whos impressions got there later (like DesparateGhost, Oct 27) so I wanna know why mine have not been shipped. Andre has still not replied to my email.. Not impressed.

That's cool that you got those i2i things, boomy, you enjoying your new-found freedom?
biggrin.gif
I assume you're putting the amp on the reciever side? Perhaps the amp is amplifying small distortions in the signal that are not otherwise audible? Just a theory
smily_headphones1.gif

You'll have a PM any minute now, mate, regarding these SA6s everyone's raving about
k701smile.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #596 of 1,734
My C2 Review - dual drivers by HY.

Aesthetics:
As you can see I chose clear with a translucent carmel color for the face plate. Custom artwork is sweeeeeeeeet! I wanted one ear red and one black, but they both came with this dark brown stamped style and I like it even better! I sent a photo cause I wanted the outer plate to match my skin tone. Nice job on the color HY.

Fit:
They fit absolutely perfect. I did open mouth impressions and they feel great. Like there's nothing there! I've worn them for almost 6 hours now and my ears feel great.

SQ (we've all been waiting)
At first the only thing I noticed was the bass... serious bottom end on these and it's only the C2! I am a serious music listener and as such I listen to everything... house, folk, rock, pop, jazz, classical... pretty much everything except country music. Everything has depth and clarity... great stereo image. I could hear the singers breathy inflections after singing notes, you can feel the strings of the guitars and all the tasty harmonics you dont normally hear.

I plugged into my Yamaha mixer and monitored my drums... dammmmmmm. The isolation is crazy. Prior I used Shure E2C's and Sony MDR 7560 Pro Headphones... neither of which have any great isolation, but the HY's - oh my... these will be what I use to monitor live and in the studio. Period.

I did a few EQ tests just using iTunes on a few songs I know sonically very well... I found a slight boost in the highs at 8k & 16k gave the right kind of "air" the music needed. Just to pull out the highs from the warm mids and fat lows. But that's my ear....

Overall:
I'm extremely happy with Andre and HY. I ordered and paid for rush delivery... I received in less than 1 week after my impressions were at the lab. Andre under promised and over delivered.

No complaints so far... I would say when you first get your pair give yourself a little time to let your ears adjust. Everyone's hearing is different. I listened for a few minutes then tested against the e2c's and some other cheap ear buds... neither are even close in SQ, but my ear was used to nothing but high & mid frequencies from the previous IEM's I've used. You just may freak when you hear how much low end is in your head now...

The ONLY thing I'm curious about now is how much the UE cables really increase the SQ. If anyone has UE cables I would like to know why they are considered to be better.

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #597 of 1,734
Quote:

Hey Boomy, any chance you could gimme the address of that place in HK you got your silver wire from? I'd like to order some.. I find it hard to justify buying things from the US that have been made in asia, given that I live like 5hrs flight away from asia so they have to go from there, to the USA and back to Aus! Ridiculous
tongue_smile.gif

I spoke to Australia Post yesterday and they said that my impressions were delivered on October 23rd, so I know they got there, at least. Still, there are plenty of people whos impressions got there later (like DesparateGhost, Oct 27) so I wanna know why mine have not been shipped. Andre has still not replied to my email.. Not impressed.

That's cool that you got those i2i things, boomy, you enjoying your new-found freedom?
biggrin.gif
I assume you're putting the amp on the reciever side? Perhaps the amp is amplifying small distortions in the signal that are not otherwise audible? Just a theory
smily_headphones1.gif

You'll have a PM any minute now, mate, regarding these SA6s everyone's raving about
k701smile.gif

Need me to forward your email to him? He replied my email again today.

Nov 5, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #598 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesperateGhost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Need me to forward your email to him? He replied my email again today.

Thanks mate but he definitely has my email address, I'm not sure why he's emailing me but he has until Friday to reply and then I am going to email him and tell him I am going to launch a paypal dispute, I am sick of him ignoring me, it's been a month and he's ignored my last 3 emails.

That shipping is pretty reasonable, boomy, and their copper wire is very reasonably priced also, I may be making an order with them once I have some cash to spend
tongue_smile.gif
I spend way too much money...

Hey Jt31, do you perchance remember what date your impressions arrived at the lab?

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #599 of 1,734
Quote:

Thanks mate but he definitely has my email address, I'm not sure why he's emailing me but he has until Friday to reply and then I am going to email him and tell him I am going to launch a paypal dispute, I am sick of him ignoring me, it's been a month and he's ignored my last 3 emails.

That shipping is pretty reasonable, boomy, and their copper wire is very reasonably priced also, I may be making an order with them once I have some cash to spend
tongue_smile.gif
I spend way too much money...

Hey Jt31, do you perchance remember what date your impressions arrived at the lab?

Don't mind you email me your name i ask on behalf of you?

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #600 of 1,734
Jt31, those look great, congrats.

As for your question regarding the UE custom cable, the major difference is in soundstage/instrument separation and treble. The UE cable puts some space between the instruments and brings out the treble. I did notice a greater jump in SQ with the UE cable and the FreQ as opposed to my C3 (was using the FreQ cable with both FreQ & C3 at the time, so the C3 cable didn't enter the equation), but it did enhance the C3 sound enough to justify the upgrade.

If you are going to try to pry the cable out, be very careful, don't want you to split your shell like I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back