Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Nov 3, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #571 of 1,734
Sweet, I didn't think the interest level would be quite this high, I'll send plasticsone an email today and ask them about doing a small run with our own cable.. We can talk about which cable we wanna send later..

I'll ask them about different lengths, also, I'm sure we could organise a short cable for ya boomy
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #574 of 1,734
I just sent my impressions to the lab.

It's gonna be a long 4 weeks...

Nov 3, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #575 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Homegrown Cable has some nice silver braided

Homegrown Audio Co. | pure silver audio cables - Products

Those wires from HGA are solid core, you can't use it for headphones cable, especially IEMs cable. It's very very stiff and may break any time.

Nov 3, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #576 of 1,734
I just got the email! My C3's are on there way! I will post pics and my impressions as soon as I get them. The best pair of IEM I have owned are the SE210, so I am hoping these will blow those out of the water.

Nov 3, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #578 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachkarl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got the email! My C3's are on there way! I will post pics and my impressions as soon as I get them. The best pair of IEM I have owned are the SE210, so I am hoping these will blow those out of the water.

How long ago did the lab receive your impressions?

Nov 3, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #579 of 1,734
Just checked my email. Mine shipped today as well!

The lab received my impressions Fri. 2 weeks and 3days ago so that's a very good turnaround especially considering they had to wait for new drivers.
This should make my entire turnaround just under 3 weeks, which is quite good.

Nov 4, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #582 of 1,734
wow 3 were shipped
frown.gif

Anyway, I received an email from Andre that I might receive the phones before Thanksgiving. Keep praying
frown.gif

BTW, boomy355, does your ebay westone cable fit the phones perfectly? I'm think of building my own cable and send to the seller to solder the plugs in.

Nov 4, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #585 of 1,734
Ok, now I am annoyed.. I ordered mine on Oct 11 and have not recieved a shipping notice.

I have emailed Andre, if he doesn't reply within a couple of days, I am going to launch a dispute thing with Paypal, this is ridiculous, he has given me NO information and it's been almost a month. Not cool.

Anyway, as for the wire, i dunno what kind I was thinking, yet, HGA does have some nice stuff but it's pretty pricey, it's about USD3/ft, isn't it? That's per strand, as well, and assuming we use a common ground cable and the Y-split is 1ft from the connectors that works out to be.... *calculates* 21USD, for a 4 ft cable; plus another 10 for a decent connector... Ok, not nearly as expensive as I thought it was gonna be
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back