Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Nov 1, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #556 of 1,734
4 weeks is not a good idea
frown.gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #557 of 1,734
I am trying my best to be understanding, but running out of drivers? Isn't that like Pizza Hut running out of, i dunno, pizza? I think Andre should have conveyed that he ran out of drivers to the customers that are waiting. It wasn't tomjtx's job to tell us.

Nov 1, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #558 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachkarl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am trying my best to be understanding, but running out of drivers? Isn't that like Pizza Hut running out of, i dunno, pizza? I think Andre should have conveyed that he ran out of drivers to the customers that are waiting. It wasn't tomjtx's job to tell us.

k701smile.gif
Hahaha, that actually made me laugh.. I had this mental image of some manager at Pizza Hut freaking out.. "HOW THE @#$% DID WE RUN OUT OF @#$%ING PIZZA?! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO!?" Haha. Awesome.

Ahem, anyway, on a serious note I agree wholeheartedly with you, zachkarl, if they ran out of drivers, that's pretty damn poor and even if it was unavoidable, the LEAST they could do is email people whos orders are affected and let them know their monitors will be delayed by a week or so..

I dunno why but Andre was pretty easy to talk to and understanding when I was asking him questions initially, it seems that since I gave him my money he has disappeared and that really kinda annoys me.. Makes me feel like he's not really interested in helping if there's no money in it.. I feel bad saying that cuz I'm sure he's nice and I know he's busy but it's difficult not to see it that way...

Nov 1, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #559 of 1,734
I can't believe this is happening. I'm glad Hearyourself was getting so many orders Andre clearly did not anticipate getting these orders so quickly,but he or someone in his office dropped the ball by not having material in stock. He can't afford to get a bad rep so I'm sure he's just as frustrated as We are and he's doing everything he can to fix it.

Nov 1, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #560 of 1,734
My impressions arrived 2 weeks ago Fri.

Possibly a bit before the big wave of orders.
At that time Andre gave me a turnaround estimate of 2-4 weeks.
So I am still within that time frame.
So I don't think this "delay" is a big deal.

Of course I would like to have them now but I can't honestly be upset with Andre.

Companies usually order parts on an ongoing basis.
It could be that Knowles are late sending their drivers or that the increase of orders at HY caught them off guard.

Long turnaround times seem to be common when ordering custom IEMs

I believe Livewires had a 6 week turnaround at one point.

It may be that Andre made the "mistake" of being overly optimistic in his estimate of a turnaround time but let's give the benefit of the doubt for now.

Nov 1, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #561 of 1,734
tomjtx, I see your point completely. My issue, however, is the lack of communication. Drivers or not, that doesn't affect the ability to follow up on customer emails.

When I actually get my C3's, I will probably be very satisfied. My order is in the given timeline and isn't late by any means.

Nov 1, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #563 of 1,734
I certainly agree that Andre would be well served to work on his communication skills.

If he had a group email list of customers he could send out a mass mail about a shipping delay.

I would chalk this up to growing pains and learning how to deal with the audiophile/head-fi community.

We are probably more demanding than the typical consumer
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 2, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #565 of 1,734
I got the blue oxygen free Neutriks plugs custom cable today and the earloops are heat-adjustable and I had to re-heat and turn the left tube around so it would go over my ear. The sound quality is on par with the Westones but I still think the UE's have better SQ

Of course it looks cool with my blue monitors

70ke2d.jpg

Nov 2, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #566 of 1,734
Cable looks good, boomy, but that's disappointing that it's SQ is not as good as UE, I assumed it would be better, being that it's a boutique cable.. Also the whole heating thing sounds weird, how did you heat it?

I had a look at the plasticsone website, by the way, and it looks like they do short runs of prototype cables with whatever you want on either end. You can even supply your own wire.. Maybe we could send them some good SPC and get some custom UE/HY cables? We'd prolly need at least 10, I think, is anyone else interested? If so, I'll send them an email and get an idea of prices..

Haha, Andre left me positive feedback on ebay.. Hrmm.. Thanks Andre, but I'd rather you reply to my email! Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back