Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Oct 28, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #481 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
His cables are slightly longer from the "Y" to the monitors so they are a little more comfortable around the neck and have a good SQ

Gonna have to greatly disagree on this. The cable SQ is noticeably inferior to the FreQ cable (which some swear is a Westone cable, I personally do not know), and vastly inferior to the UE custom cable. No contest at all. The cable sounds terrible to the other options, and the extra length doesn't help matters. It's flexible and super comfortable, but it's not giving you the SQ your IEMs are capable of (at least not the C3).

Oct 28, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #482 of 1,734
I really think I will pick up a pair of the c3's after I get my new dap and amp so I can compare it to my ue's
and the westones I had. I just can not decide on a color.

Oct 28, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #484 of 1,734
the UE custom cable fits these perfectly? or do you need to play with it?

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #488 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gonna have to greatly disagree on this. The cable SQ is noticeably inferior to the FreQ cable (which some swear is a Westone cable, I personally do not know), and vastly inferior to the UE custom cable. No contest at all. The cable sounds terrible to the other options, and the extra length doesn't help matters. It's flexible and super comfortable, but it's not giving you the SQ your IEMs are capable of (at least not the C3).

I'm a believer in fullsize headphone cable but IEM cable can change the sound looks interesting. The conductors of the cable is so small to make sonic difference. Anyway, when I got it, I will try to swap between the stock and westone cable to see if there is any difference.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #489 of 1,734
sounds interesting, I put down a order through live.com last week for a pair fo C3. and have setup a appointmetn for impression next week with my school's hearing center
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #490 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, on his site still has the info that the choice of color is free.

The cashback is only 25% now.

Emailed him about it and he did offer to do the custom color for free since I had ordered under the impression that it was included. He said they had to make it extra due to the large amount of orders wanting weird combinations that took too much manpower and was causing longer wait times for other customers. Seems like a very reasonable guy to work with and he definitely earned brownie points for not brushing me off, even if it is only $25.

Oct 28, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #491 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon3003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
he definitely earned brownie points for not brushing me off, even if it is only $25.

OMG, how about me?
redface.gif

I've just made the logo, hopefully it'll fit my C1000 perfectly
tongue.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #493 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesperateGhost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm since my impression reach the lab already.
Anyone can tell me where to get ue custom cable?
I cant find them in my country.

You could probably get someone in Burlington Square or Sim Lim to make a nice Silver strand custom cable for you.

It should be easy get some nice Pailiccs 3.5mm plugs where you live cause we can only seem to get Neutriks and Switchcarft here.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #495 of 1,734
I got my C-3's back in Sept so they weren't as busy then, but it only took six days from when my impressions got to the lab and the new monitors arrived.

One Color no custom artwork.

My son's impressions got there on 10/23/08 but they are having some extensive artwork done and I told Andre that it's a Christmas present so don't rush this order. I wanted them to get some of the monitors for the people here so they could try them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back