Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Oct 20, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #301 of 1,734
As a drummer, the IEM's save my ears from the loud sound pressures so I don't go def in the long run... and of course hearing a mix of everyone and myself...

zachkarl - how was the color match and was it solid or translucent Mocha Java?

Oct 20, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #303 of 1,734
I ordered solid with a clear ear canal kind of like the image attached. I want to be able to see that that the tubes are straight and unblocked. It will take a couple weeks for me to get them though, so I can't comment on how well that match. When I do, I will definitely post pics though.

Oct 20, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #304 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachkarl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered solid with a clear ear canal kind of like the image attached. I want to be able to see that that the tubes are straight and unblocked. It will take a couple weeks for me to get them though, so I can't comment on how well that match. When I do, I will definitely post pics though.

At 1st I didn't think the clear ear canal sounded very appealing. But the more I think about it, it sounds like a great idea to be able to check on & deal with wax build-up (or anything else that could get up in there). A solid opaque color could make it more difficult to negotiate cleaning & unblocking.

Now the question is: With my custom logo & such, at what point will my requests start becoming a pain in the @ss for Andre & crew? Do you think it is much more difficult for them to pour the mold making the ear canal clear with rest of monitor opaque...or not a biggie? Did he mention anything like that to you when you made the request, zachkarl?

Oct 20, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #305 of 1,734
I just explained what I wanted on the order form, and included the picture I previously attached. I figured it was fair game since their is a similar image on the company's website, which i included as well. I haven't heard from them that it's a problem so far, so we shall see.

C3%201.jpg
C3%20cord.jpg

Oct 21, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #306 of 1,734
I didnt go for custom artwork, I couldn't decide on anything so I just decided not to bother rather than get something I will hate in 6 months time. I went for Translucent Blue, kinda like Boomy's monitors, I guess, I like that style. I was gonna email Andre and see if he could make them more clear with a hint of blue but i have been such a pain in the butt already, I might just leave him to it
biggrin.gif

So i got my free impression kit today, the one I don't need
tongue_smile.gif
. They sent it to me like a week ago and USPS website still reckons they don't even have the package. I guess they really are as useless as everyone says at tracking their parcels. They were very well packaged and I'm gonna hang on to it cuz my friend is an audiologist so if I ever want impressions done again (and I am sure I will) I can just take the stuff over and get her to do them, she doesnt need to get stuff from work.

They were packaged very well, if that's important to anyone, they were in a mailing box inside a mailing envelope and looks like the box took a bit of a beating on the long trip, all the contents were fine though. I'm glad I overpacked my impressions!

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #307 of 1,734
hey, I'm new to the forums, i am interested in buying a custom mold for the Shure e5c, just wondering if anyone has a a pair with Shure earphones that can give their opinions on how they look like in ear, and how much they stick out.

Because the ones from sensaphonics seem to stick out quite a bit.
any pictures would be great!

Thanks.

Oct 21, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #308 of 1,734
i have custom art on mine. one side black and one side white. i dont know if my impression had arrived already coz the tracking system is provided once the parcel leave my country and usps web say no info for the tracking no.

Oct 21, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #310 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewgame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could really use a Hearyourself and Livewire customs comparison..

Yah, me too, I would love to see these two compared side-by-side. I'm planning to buy some livewires eventually (or some sleek customs) but I wouldn't wait for me, my funds are running low and one set of customs is enough for me for now...

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #311 of 1,734
Hey I went to my audiologist yesterday, and she insisted on making open mouth impressions. Is it worth it to go to another audiologist and try the open-and-closed mouth impressions, or should I just send them in as is?

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #312 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by graj08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey I went to my audiologist yesterday, and she insisted on making open mouth impressions. Is it worth it to go to another audiologist and try the open-and-closed mouth impressions, or should I just send them in as is?

My friend's an audiologist and she was really surprised when I asked if I could get open mouth impressions. Personally, I think you should just go with what your audiologist suggested and open mouth should give a good fit.

Up to you, obviously, but I wouldn't bother spending more time and money if you already have some impressions.. I don't think open-and-closed mouth are any better than just open mouth, but I know there are ppl here who disagree with me
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #314 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by graj08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

UE insists on open mouth, Livewires says to open and close, Freq said closed is fine unless you are a singer then do open.

Couldn't find Westone directions online but my audiologist is a Westone dealer and she said open close.

So, who knows?

If you did open you should be fine, I wouldn't re do if it were me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back