Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Oct 19, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #286 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by nineohtoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm kind of worried that I might not have stuck them in my ear far enough. I don't live with anyone, and I impatiently did them myself. I mean they look to be about the same size as custom IEMs, but that's the finished product, not the impression :\

have you sent them in yet?
They look OK but surveys apparently show people get better results from audiologists.

There should be a lot of audiologists in SF.

Prices seem to range from a low of 20.00 to a high of 100.00 with 50.00 being an average.

I bet you could find someone near you for no more than 50.00.

Peace of mind, likely less chance of needing a refit ...............it was worth 50.00 to me.

Oct 20, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #287 of 1,734
Great thread everyone... all the input has been very helpful. I just ordered the C2 from ebay and got the 30% cash back from LiveSearch... Confirmed custom color/art with Andre - Just waiting for the impression kit... I'm so stoked!

Oct 20, 2008 at 9:35 AM Post #288 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
D/G
I started the thread and I never realized how many people were willing
to trash something they never heard. I can't find any reviews anywhere and as far as I can research they've had them since 2006. I think the high price and the fact that in 2006 there were so many fewer home users for these in-ear customs that the price was just too high and people were put off .UE's had come so close with alot of endorsement that I think they ruled the market. And just like Mercedes and BMW there will always be hard core UE users regardless of the price difference.

I can't believe how many people feel so passionately about ohms law, have you seen the last like 2 pages of the thread? It's all people arguing over how impedance and sensitivity affect battery life.. Lame.

I would love to try those E.A.R. ones, I really don't think they would sound that much better than a good pair of 1/2/3/4 driver customs out there, like I said before, but hey, if someone was offering me a pair, I wouldn't turn them down.

I had a look around their site tho, all their stuff is expensive. I found some custom made earpugs that I was thinking about buying but then I saw hearyourself makes them for like ½ the price. I think I will have a pair of them on my shopping list in the not too distant future...

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:18 AM Post #290 of 1,734
and also this is what i found for the 10% off code.

"Only invited, registered eBay users who receive the coupon by email from us or see the coupon in My eBay are eligible."

from term and condition in their web. take note of this.

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #291 of 1,734
I don't want to call Andre unnecessarily, so I'll ask here:

Is it $25 each for custom color and art, or does the $25 charge mean I can get both?

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #292 of 1,734
as far as I know custom colors are still free, logo is $25, he did say eventually he will charge $20 for custom colors

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #293 of 1,734
I just paid $315 for C2's on ebay and an additional $25 for the custom color and art together... maybe one is free like Gatto said, but the other one is $25.

Anyone got any new IEM's in yet?? I really want to see the quality of the artwork...

Oct 20, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #294 of 1,734
I'm really starting to get excited about mine, I THINK I'm the only other one with custom art? am I wrong? anyway they should be at my doorstep some time this week

Oct 20, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #295 of 1,734
Gatto! thats awesome... I'm sure we're all anxious to see how they turn out as well!

I having custom artwork done on my order. Going with a translucent caramel brown color with a red logo on the right and a black logo on the left. My custom art is my avatar pic, the kanji looking logo...

I wanted something to somewhat match my skin tone when I'm playing sessions (I'm a drummer) and being a graphic designer too helped with the custom art...

Has anyone else been cleaning they're ears more than usual! LOL

Oct 20, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #296 of 1,734
I hope to get mine this week also. I have a gig on Thursday night! My impressions arrived on October 11. Andre said that it would be a 2 1/2 to 4 week turn around time which would be middle of next week at the earliest. I can still dream of getting them earlier though. Don't you love checking the mail each day and praying that you'll see that little package in the box! Gatto, what day did your impressions arrive?

Oct 20, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #297 of 1,734
They got to the lab on Friday the 10th but they got there as soon as the lab closed so they didn't even touch them until the 13th.

I have a very silly question... I know they sound awesome and are super comfortable but why do musicians use them at concerts?

Oct 20, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #298 of 1,734
I am a musician, and I too got mine in a light brown to match my skin tone. I sent in a color swatch for them to match... Mocha Java to be exact. The should have arrived at the end of last week.

Gatto, musicians use them to hear themselves like the company name suggests. As a singer, if you can't hear yourself, you probably wont sound too good. IEM's allows people on stage to have mixes directly in their ears verses loud speakers on stage that don't always accurately represent what is actually going on. They also protect your ears, because it blocks out ambient noise and allows you to control the volume individually.

I have been using Shure SE210, but they are black and noticeable on stage. I also have abnormally small ear canals (especially for a 21 year old, 6'2" male), so they don't fit very well. My audiologist was in favor of me getting customs, because they are the only monitors that will fit properly.

Oct 20, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #299 of 1,734
thanks! that makes a lot of sense, I figured it was something along those lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Back