Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Oct 18, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #271 of 1,734
CFALLSAVINGS10P is the ebay promotional code to save 10%on a single item through Oct. 30. Have fun!
wink.gif

Oct 19, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #275 of 1,734
Rightyo, just got the paypal request from andre and have officially upgraded to the C3s. I ended up paying about $40AUD more than my absolute maximum budget of $400AUD but still, I think it's worth it because if I got the AE2s, I would always be wishing I had spent that extra cash.

Mine will prolly not be here for at LEAST another month, being in Australia, the shipping time is gonna be a factor but I think EyeAmEye should be getting his C3s in the next couple of days, graj08, so we should get some impressions soon. I'm not sure if he has LiveWires, though..?

I'm also thinking about a set of LiveWires as my second set of customs. It's either them or the sleeks.. I'll think a bit more about it closer to the time and when I have more money but I went to see Stevie Wonder in concert the other night and he wears LiveWires, so they must be pretty good
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #277 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stikk,

I'm pretty sure that EyemEye has LW's either that or UE's ( Maybe both).
Sleek custons are the same drivers as thier SE6 so you can try the universal version for a taste before comttiing to customs.

Yup, EyeAmEye has a pair of UE11-Pros but I dunno about LiveWires. I'm pretty sure has a pair of Sleeks customs as well. Yeah, I'd love to try the sleek universals first but it might not be easy for me, unfortunately. Living in Australia, Western Australia at that, I'm a little isolated so it would be hard to find someone who will let me listen to their Sleeks.. Oh well.

Oct 19, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #279 of 1,734
Is that the kit that came with your Hearyourself order, nineohtoo? It looks almost identical to the stuff my audiologist used. The syringe-thing, I mean, the mix was a bit different (it was green) but other than that, and the fact that she used cotton wool (cuz she forgot the foam blocks) looks pretty similar to my ear-impression experience.

Oct 19, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #280 of 1,734
yeah, that looks like exactly what mine used too.

update! they should be shipping monday or tuesday!

Oct 19, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #284 of 1,734
D/G
I started the thread and I never realized how many people were willing
to trash something they never heard. I can't find any reviews anywhere and as far as I can research they've had them since 2006. I think the high price and the fact that in 2006 there were so many fewer home users for these in-ear customs that the price was just too high and people were put off .UE's had come so close with alot of endorsement that I think they ruled the market. And just like Mercedes and BMW there will always be hard core UE users regardless of the price difference.

Oct 19, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #285 of 1,734
I'm kind of worried that I might not have stuck them in my ear far enough. I don't live with anyone, and I impatiently did them myself. I mean they look to be about the same size as custom IEMs, but that's the finished product, not the impression :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back