Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Oct 17, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #256 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so those are UE cables... mmm means modifications wud have to be done to ES cables.

Why do the ES cable need modifications when the UE cables fits nicely? They are almost the same just that the spacing between each pin for the UE is slightly wider than the ES cable.

Oct 17, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #258 of 1,734
I haven't seen the ES (Westone Elite Series)cables yet

I know for sure that the Microsonicmusic.com cables DO NOT Work. They have three terminals 1 pos., 1 neg/neutral, and one with no electical conection which I assume is there to make sure that the plugs go on in the right direction. I would NOT recommend trying to cut off the third terminal or to move the remaining two terminals in our out as these plugs are press formed at the factory and that wouldn't work. I am sure because I bought some and tried myself to do just that.

What a MESS!! Not to mention tossing away $29 US

They should arrive today or tomorrow and I'll check them out thoroughly before posting my findings.

Oct 17, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #259 of 1,734
Got a signature confirmation that my impressions arrived today.
Andre said they would work all through the weekend to do mine and same day air them to me to get them on Mon. because I am so special.......................

OOPS, sorry , I was dreaming
redface.gif

They did arrive today and Andre said the turnaround would likely be 2-3 weeks
but might extend to 4. That's OK.
Doing them right is more important than doing them fast.

Oct 17, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #261 of 1,734
I got the feeling there was a decent chance of a 2 week turnaround but I think Andre wants to be conservative and not raise expectations.

I am enjoying my new D3 so much with my old ety4s that the wait wont be painful.

I hope those that do get them soon post some detailed impressions.

Oct 17, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #262 of 1,734
I got the Westone ES Clear today via UPS and I can confirm that they also fit the Hearyourself C-3's They have a red and blue dot just as do the original Hearyourself black cables.

wbv579.jpg

Both the Westone and UE's measure 48" tip tip but the Westone's earloop is slightly shorter than that of the UE's or Hearyourself. Also both UE and Westone cables are slightly shorter in the distance from the y-to the monitors tahn that of the hearyourself cables so they hug my neck a bit closer.

Oct 18, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #263 of 1,734
the white looks nice! andre offered to refund me the $300 I paid if I buy another pair on ebay with the 30% off, I'm a little worried though because if it doesn't work I'll just make a big mess.

Oct 18, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #264 of 1,734
Boomy335, which cord do you like best in terms of comfort and sound quality? I think I am going to order and clear or brown one, but I am not sure which is better, Westone or UE. I have a black Westone that seems really light and comfortable...

Oct 18, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #265 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
isn't that a mod? heh having to pull the pins apart slightly.. and ain't the pins shorter on one of them?

I doubt you need to mod the cable like you do when you want to fit it into the UE universal series. The jack use by Hearyourself should be similar to the one used by UE, Westone, FreQs etc hence the UE custom and ES cables are able to fit nicely.

Oct 18, 2008 at 10:36 AM Post #266 of 1,734
Gatto, it's nice of Andre to offer the refund to you. Even if you can't get the 30% off to work, ebay has a 10% promotion going on between now and October 30. Sounds like you save either way as long as it doesn't delay the shipment of your ear monitors. Good Luck. Let us know what happens. I might try the same thing because I missed out as well.
smile.gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 10:36 AM Post #267 of 1,734
Hey everyone,

So I have an update. Remember how I said I didn't expect to hear from Andre? Well, he proved me wrong and not only did he prove me wrong, he said he would upgrade me to the C3s for $100US. Wow. I am sincerely impressed at his customer service. Seems like he really will go out of his way and go the extra mile to help out his customers and make sure they are 100% happy. Well I can tell you I'm pretty damn happy right now!!

That's great that the UE cables fit, makes life easier for people trying to get their hands on some different coloured cables. I've heard the Westone cables are a bit nicer than the UE cables, they dont kink as bad and stuff, but they need modifying, which is a pain in the butt.

Oct 18, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #268 of 1,734
They are both equaly comfortable but I think that the UE's have a slightly better SQ.. They are both a little snug at the neck-line but I have a big neck and I'm getting used to it. The plugs fit Perfectly ! I did not need to bend or modify the contacts at all! The Westones have Identical red and blue dots on the positive side of the plugs and The UE's have tiny little raised bumps on the positive side of the plugs.

Oct 18, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #270 of 1,734
Man, I'm really on the edge between the C-3's and the LiveWires. I want to buy them quickly, too, before the eBay discount expires.

If anyone gets theirs soon, please post a review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back