Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Oct 16, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #241 of 1,734
I asked him about Westone and UE, and he told me that he thinks the would. He wasn't sure though. I got the cord for lie $6, so the risk of nit fitting was worth it.

I would recommend him making custom cables! That would set him apart from the other iem manufactures for sure. I have thought about painting the 2 prong plug of the cord to match my monitors, but decided against it.

Oct 16, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #242 of 1,734
Andre has been coming up with some great ideas lately. When he buys cords from Plastics1, he has to order a large batch because their custom and they won't do small runs.
I suggested putting a 2.5mm jack (cell phone size) Directly in the monotors so custom cords would be cheaper to make and totaly interchangeable.
Did the Westones you ordered fit the plug on your Hearyourself's

Oct 16, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #243 of 1,734
I just sent my impressions in this week and they should just be arriving. I don't have them yet to see, but when I get them, I 'll let you know (if you don't figure it out before me).

The cords are definitely a good idea. I have Shure SE210 right now that have a break away cable. That would be awesome with the customs.

Oct 16, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #244 of 1,734
Just sent my son Danny's impressions to the lab today. I ordered the AE-1's white with black swirls and added a red/white and a blue/white Star Wars Clone Trooper action figure head to attach to each faceplate (half of his action figures are headless already so I don't think he'll miss a couple more). I won't be able to comment on their sound but I'm sure my son will think theyr'e awsome.

Oct 17, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #245 of 1,734
^I like your design. I probably wont get my kit till Sat or Mon, but I'm going with smoke black monitors, and black cords. Hopefully I'll have them by the end of the month. I figure since all my pocket gear is black(watch, phone, camera, DS, wallet, lighter, alarm remote), I should keep the theme going. Also I'll be able to comment on the sound and quality of them.

Oct 17, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #246 of 1,734
The lab received my impressions for the triple driver c3's this past Saturday. I'm hoping to get them before a gig next Thursday. I want to know what day to expect them but the website says that calling them slows down the process. I'm a little confused as to why and also think that it contradicts their contact page which says that they are a small company which specializes in customer service and to call with any questions. I guess I'll just wait patiently.
redface.gif

Oct 17, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #247 of 1,734
where does it say that? I've called them several times and I've had no problems.

Oct 17, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #248 of 1,734
If you call, you get the office. Then someone in the office has to call the Lab and check on you order. It takes time and we all know how hard it is to get things done when we are interrupted. I'm sure that dosn't mean "Don't Call Us We'll Call you". I guess it just helps get things done and if you have an urgent concern I'm sure they'll help you. I know how excited I was when I ordered mine and how hard it was not to check on them every day and believe me patience is not one of my virtues.

Oct 17, 2008 at 10:09 AM Post #249 of 1,734
OK so I finally got a response out of Andre and it was not what I was hoping for, but not entirely unexpected. I asked if I could upgrade to the C3s and he told me that upgrading to the C3s was possible but would cost $239US. What the hell? The difference on the website (between AE2s and C3s) is $100US and he wants to charge me more than double that to change my order.

So anyway, that was a bit off and I'm pretty pissed off about that but I emailed him back and asked if I could give him a more reasonable amount of money for the upgrade and, honestly, I'll be a little surprised if he even replies. So looks like I'll be getting the AE2s..

Not impressed.

Oct 17, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #250 of 1,734
Oy, this sucks. I hope this goes smoothly for you, cause with something as personal as earphones, it would suck if you end up second-guessing your decision after you have received them.

Oct 17, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #251 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stikk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK so I finally got a response out of Andre and it was not what I was hoping for, but not entirely unexpected. I asked if I could upgrade to the C3s and he told me that upgrading to the C3s was possible but would cost $239US. What the hell? The difference on the website (between AE2s and C3s) is $100US and he wants to charge me more than double that to change my order.

So anyway, that was a bit off and I'm pretty pissed off about that but I emailed him back and asked if I could give him a more reasonable amount of money for the upgrade and, honestly, I'll be a little surprised if he even replies. So looks like I'll be getting the AE2s..

Not impressed.

Had the lab already done your AE2's? That might account for the extra charge?

Oct 17, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #252 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stikk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not impressed.

Stikk,

I too would hate for you to feel shortchanged. After all, this is your thread and so many people have ordered from Hearyourself.com based mostly, I suppose on my opinion.

I'm sure Andre will make it right for you. I watched you get so frustrated over the change in currency and shipping hurdles so I know how anxious you must be. I'm sure you'll be happy once you get your new monitors but be patient. I can't stress enough the importance of giving your brain a chance to get used to the Balanced Armature Drivers. The difference between B/A and dynamic is profound and worth waitng for.

Oct 17, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #254 of 1,734
Just a quick cable choice update ..

Exciting News !!

I just recieved my Ultimate Ears customs WHITE replacement cable ($36.00 US including shipping)and the plugs DO !!! match my Hearyourself.com C-3's. They are marked with an R and L and on mine the positive terminal has a little dimple on it's side of the monitor plug. Altough I would recommend continiuty testing each terminal, as I did, to be sure.

260u5np.jpg

So now we know that we have other color choices. Black, Clear, Beige, Brown, and White!! I will post an Update as soon as I get the CLEAR cables from Westone and check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back