Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Oct 2, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #31 of 1,734
Generaly most pros choose acrylic because they are considered more durable and more hypoallergenic. I have a skin sensitivity to sylicone so I had to choose acrylic. Also the Hearyourself.com site only offers the sylicone in single driver. They also offer custom molded housings for your existing earphones. simply order them for about $110 USD and send your earphones to the lab with your finished impressions and they will make them to fit your earphones. Livewires only offers dual driver and you are very limited in your color choices.

Oct 2, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #32 of 1,734
how limited? I was looking on the site and I couldn't find much information at all

Oct 2, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #33 of 1,734
• What colors are available (Shells and Faceplates)?

Faceplate colors: tan, red, blue (light), white, black, clear (opaque), and dark brown.

Shell colors: blue, red, clear, tan, and dark brown.

This is directly from the FAQ section of thier website livewiresforyou.com

Oct 2, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #35 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
• What colors are available (Shells and Faceplates)?

Faceplate colors: tan, red, blue (light), white, black, clear (opaque), and dark brown.

Shell colors: blue, red, clear, tan, and dark brown.

This is directly from the FAQ section of thier website livewiresforyou.com

thanks! I have no idea how I missed that, I read through their FAQ.

that is really really limited
frown.gif

Oct 2, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #36 of 1,734
hmmm....
from their hearyourself's site:
Our lab has been in the custom
ear molds,hearing protection,
monitor earphones and communications
business for 28 years!

28 years into the business and not much ppl had heard of them?
seem fishy to me.

Oct 2, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #37 of 1,734
yeah, that website doesn't seem like a 'we've been in business 28 years' type of website

Oct 2, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #39 of 1,734
custom molded in-ear monitors for the general public are fairly new to almost all of us. Many of the companies selling them now have been in the hearing-aide, professional monitor ,and law enforcement surveilance business prior to seeing that the general public's new interest has sparked a whole new market. The only site that can boast a whole slough of celebrity endoresments is Ultimate Ears and up unil now the cost has been so high that only people willing to toss out big bucks have able to afford them. All we can do is keep watching and talking up our experiences for the benefit of others. Maybe some day I'll get some Livewires or UE's so I can truly experience any difference but for now we're on our own. I pretty much based my choice on color selection and price. It's kind of like buying a new car and deciding whether to add the totaly expensive heated leather seats. I could have paid for UE's but since this is my first set of custom molded I was little leery about spending 150% more for them
And like I said earlier I'm very Very happy with them. I may not be a professional singer or audiophile but I can tell when A sounds better than B

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #40 of 1,734
the more I look at this site and after speaking to people at livewires I think I am going to go with these because the wires look nicer, I can choose any color I want and they give you a free impression kit, I'd basically be paying the same either way.

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #41 of 1,734
Gatto,

Be creative ! Get glitters in translucent colors. also bright royal blues with gold glitters would go well with your skin and hair color. I think the lab has more fun making the cool colors than we have wearing them. get black cables unless you want them to blend against your skin but who wants that ? Show off a little !!

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #42 of 1,734
haha I bet! that sounds like a great color combo. right now I'm thinking swirly translucent pink and white or blue and pink swirled together, or maybe two different color combos, one for each ear. I have a feeling I will take forever trying to decide!

edit: oo maybe white and pink for one ear and black and pink for the other

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #43 of 1,734
they came in a nylon case about the size of an Ipod but a little thicker. They are protected by a dense foam lining. Not the jewelry box seen on the site. I have emailed Andre the owner a couple of times and
14njuc5.jpg
he is really anxious to get the new sight up in a few weeks

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #44 of 1,734
Great Idea ! different colors for each ear.
210hwt4.jpg

They print the serial number and any name you want on them (red letters=right---blue letters=left). and the detachable cord has a red and blue dot so you can't them backwards but diiferent colrs sounds great !

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #45 of 1,734
wow these seem way better then livewires, I've already e-mailed livewires twice with no response, they have barely any color choices and the only way I got in contact was by calling.

I love the color of yours! ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back