Heartbeat sound when wearing headphones
Jul 26, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #16 of 24
Yeah open headphone will keep your eardrum from becoming a . Think about it...you seal a membrane ( i.e. eardrum ) and due to its proximity to your veins and arteries in your neck you are essentially hearing the blood flow.

Loosening up the seal will help or going with a slightly open headphone is another great suggestion.

Upon further testing I can confirm that I feel the heartbeat less with the 7510 compared to the k371. I think its not the clamping force being ligther, I think its the material of earpads. The k371 has this cushioned leather smooth texture, I think it's creating a vacuum feel thing (what u described as stethoscope effect). The 7510 seems to have thiner earpads that have also a texture that is not completely smooth with creases, im not sure if this makes any sense but that's what I notice.

Jul 27, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #18 of 24
For an open headphone with brighter and more neutral sound than the Hd650/6xx try the cheaper HD58x. Neutralish sound with slightly elevated low end and slightly reduced highs. With some experimentation on the foam in front of the drivers you can tune the highs to your liking. I think stock sound perfectly fine though.

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #20 of 24
Already had the HD650, annoying smooth highs, had to return it. Also didnt get used to open backs tbh
Sundara would be another open back to try then, but seems like you're in a bit of a bind beyond bending headbands to reduce clamping force if you don't like the impact of closed backs and don't have or can't create the ambient environment for open backs.

I'd imagine the worse the seal, the worse the bass performance (flabby, reduced) and the more piercing the highs might become. Maybe a headphone that has good synergies with velour or alacantra?

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #21 of 24
When wearing headphones (tried k371, 7510, dt770) I can hear the heartbeat which is annoying during quiet parts and when making music. How do I fix this?
Sure you're not in love or something?:sweat_smile:
On a serious note, the posture might be to blame as someone has rightly pointed out. When was the last time you saw a doctor? Conditions like orthostatic hypotension are also known to affect cardiac activity which might be why you're "hearing" the heart sounds. Good excuse to get a physical.

Aug 4, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #22 of 24
Sure you're not in love or something?:sweat_smile:
On a serious note, the posture might be to blame as someone has rightly pointed out. When was the last time you saw a doctor? Conditions like orthostatic hypotension are also known to affect cardiac activity which might be why you're "hearing" the heart sounds. Good excuse to get a physical.

Im only hearing it with the k371. It has to be the headphone. I tried again with the 7510, much better. k371's foam or clam force or something, may be causing it. I walk every day for 1 hour no problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back