Can I replace the earpads of the AKG k371? they make me hear my heartbeat
Nov 24, 2020 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

foniak

100+ Head-Fier
I have a problem with these headphones. The foam material for some reason makes me hear my heartbeat. This does not happen with my Sony MDR7510. Both are closed back headphones, so I think the difference is mostly the material of the earpads. The squishy foam of the AKG may be creating some sort of mega enclosure that creates this phenomena. I want to see what happens if I can replace the default earpads with a membrane style earpads like the MDR7510 or perhaps a velour pads would do.

If nothing works, maybe the clamp on these is stronger than the MDR7510? not sure. I would like to use the MDR7510 more but the cord is way too long, I really like the short k731 cable and if I tried to mod the MDR7510 cable I would break it and I think they are becoming harder to find (can't see them on sale on Thomann anymore)

Sep 24, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #6 of 7
I just dont want to buy a new set of earpads and then find out they create this annoying effect of hearing your own heartbreat. I don't know exactly what causes it. It's either the foamy material, or that it's too thick, or perhaps the different clamp force of the headphones, who knows.

Sep 24, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #7 of 7
It's some combination of the clamp force of the headphone and your blood pressure levels. Adjust and stretch the headband as required, and take care.

If you'd searched the forum about hearing your heartbeat, you'd have run into this information long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back