Heard a new portable headphone today...the Marshall Major
Mar 4, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #16 of 31

Quote:
I'm so unsure about these headphones. I really do like the looks of it and I could get one for like 80$, but they share so many similarities (they're made by the same company, similar build, also the few specs we have are almost the same) with Urbanears Plattan that I'm really thinking they have the same driver inside. Which would be quite sad, knowing how much those suck (the =2211]freq. response of Plattans is a crime). According to that graph they literally have no highs. Anyone who tried the Major could tell whether it's the same with them?

my EYESSSS....

Mar 4, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #17 of 31
Yeah I'd agree with the fairly tight clamping force. Although I've gotta say...they're one of the more comfortable on ear headphones I've worn. Good to hear they sound good after some time as well, and that it wasn't just my first impression.

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #18 of 31
I heard the Majors for a few weeks after it came out.  Really pretty decent cans.  I think $40-$50 is a better price but you pay for the looks and name.  The Koss DJ100 is a much better performer if you have the gear and get the right can from the factory.  The Majors commit no major offenses!  
tongue.gif
  Seriously, they are decent and sound nothing like whatever that banana phone is.  The inoffensive sound, looks, size and portability are all pluses.  Cost twice as much as I got my DJ100s for which is too much so made no sense to keep them.  On the Joker scale I'd put them in the mid 6's to low 7's if I were a guessing man which I obviously am.

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #20 of 31
Wow that's a great deal. Although sadly, being a college student, I can't even afford $79 :\

Apr 13, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #21 of 31
Can anybody tell me how the Marshall Majors compare to CAL! and the Sennheiser HD 205?

I just ordered the Marshall Majors but wondering if I should have spent less and ordered the one of the others.
I like listening to Dubstep, D&B, Hip Hop and be playing music out of my iPhone.

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #24 of 31
Really? Sounds like I should start saving up a couple bucks...

Jul 21, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #26 of 31
Just got my Marshall Major. All I can say is, it is balanced. Good for folks who wants to hear more guitar action. I am satisfied with the SQ, nothing fancy. I am still burning this HP... hopefully will get more quality sound after.

Jul 21, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #27 of 31
Exactly what you'd expect from a long-time guitar company!

Jul 21, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #28 of 31

Quote:
Just got my Marshall Major. All I can say is, it is balanced. Good for folks who wants to hear more guitar action. I am satisfied with the SQ, nothing fancy. I am still burning this HP... hopefully will get more quality sound after.

That's similar to the Minors too...  More mids than anything (then bass, then highs).  Same with the guitar statement, that's what came to my mind first :p  I have yet to hear the Majors though.

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #30 of 31

Quote:
I don't know why but when I first looked at this thread, I thought it said Marshall Mathers and was like Em is into the headphones biz now? lol

I don't even want to imagine how those would sound :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back