Headwize reopening!
Jul 11, 2001 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 39
argh! I don't have time to scour 2 message boards a day!! I vote that they merge.. webmasters unite! this of course isn't a democracy, so I'll just shut my face hole.

I wonder what changes have been made to Headwize? Is the store up and running? Is there cheesy background music that no one will ever hear (because everyone has their headphones on).... who knows!

Jul 11, 2001 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 39
gorgon - shut up.
smily_headphones1.gif
(just kidding, hehehe)

Your little rant was pretty funny actually.

Personally, i really appreciate all the work Jude and co. have put into head-fi, but for me, there will only be ONE place for me on the web.......

Jul 11, 2001 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 39
I *also* VERY much appreciate the work they have both done.

HOWEVER, I also want to echo the sentiments made by many other people here over the past few weeks -- two different boards is just too much. Jude and cmoy, please get together and work out a way to merge the two boards -- we're begging you, our families are begging you
wink.gif

Jul 11, 2001 at 9:41 PM Post #6 of 39
Yeah, something really has to be done to make it for the better of both headfi and headwize, as two boards are just redundant. Hopefully something can be done...

Jul 11, 2001 at 11:23 PM Post #9 of 39
I too do think that two forums are redundant, IMHO the post of head-fi should be somehow merged in the headwize database.

What about a possible load-sharing between the headwize and head-fi servers, combined efforts, you know?

It would be 'evil' to split this nice community.

Jul 12, 2001 at 12:16 AM Post #10 of 39
I said it before, I'll say it again:

Put the HeadFi front-end on top of the Headwize archives, and we'll have the ultimate site. Any chance of this?

If that's not possible, I guess I'll be at both places.

markl

Jul 12, 2001 at 12:20 AM Post #11 of 39
I'll for sure be at both places. The thing is, we need two different places in case something happens to one or the other. That's why this place is here, after all...

Jul 12, 2001 at 12:20 AM Post #12 of 39
Yes, having two boards that are exactly the same is redundant.
// Enter Highlander mode
There can be only one... I propose a duel!
eek.gif

// Exit Highlander mode

// Enter Michael Buffer mode
In the red corner, the fresh, hungry newcomer w/ plenty of room to grow, jjjuuuuuuuuuuddde! In the blue corner, the savvy, grizzled veteran, cccccccccmmmmmmmmmoooooyyy! Ladies and Gentlemen... LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLEEE!
// Exit Michael Buffer mode

biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2001 at 1:01 AM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

I said it before, I'll say it again:

Put the HeadFi front-end on top of the Headwize archives, and we'll have the ultimate site.

I'll have to totally agree with markl. IMO headfi has a better forum structure and technology, it uses vbulletin vs. ubb and many people prefer vb over ubb. I like all of the options we have here... cookies to save passwords, etc... though Chu is updating the headwize forums...

And headwize has all of those resources! So many, projects, knowledge, and vast amounts of useful archives. It would be great if the two forums can merge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back