Headstage Arrow vs T3(D) - Which to buy?
May 6, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #16 of 19

Quote:
And the best part is that when you finally get everything plugged in and turn it on for the first time with your favorite song, you get blown away and it sounds that much better :D

This hobby is amazing. 

I was a speaker fan myself until a few years ago when I really started getting into headphones or portable stuff. I'm trying to find the right tips for the IEMs before I shelve them until I get the amp.

May 7, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
The Arrow apparently is very similar sound-wise other that the bass is a bit better i think, that's what Robert Gehrke said at least

Where did he say this? I  had the Lyrix and have the Arrow. The Arrow is a much better amp. The features, the automatic voltage switching, on/off, slim (aluminum) case etc. The Lyrix didn't come anywhere near powering my HD650s as well.

If you are even considering different ohm headphones I would suggest the Arrow (even if you're not actually). Here's a link to a great review by dfkt who's a member here. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2010/04/headstage-arrow-12he-headphone-amplifier-review.php

May 7, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #18 of 19
Well, somebody had asked Robert and posted his response here... Well, i'm delighted if the Arrow is that much better, however from what i understand you didn't actually have both amps at the same time, so your mind could be playing w/ you....

Who would'nt prefer the sexy, sleek Arrow over the big bulky Lyrix i'm still carying around?

May 8, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #19 of 19

Quote:
Well, somebody had asked Robert and posted his response here... Well, i'm delighted if the Arrow is that much better, however from what i understand you didn't actually have both amps at the same time, so your mind could be playing w/ you....

Who would'nt prefer the sexy, sleek Arrow over the big bulky Lyrix i'm still carying around?

No mind games, a friend still has a Lyrix so I've done direct comparisons quite recently and stand by what I said ( I'll borrow it again and get you pictures if you want
wink.gif
)

I only mentioned I owned it to let people know I didn't just have a cursory impression of the Lyrix. It's a great amp for the money, probably still the best if you won it on eBay as I did. The Pico uses the same opamp as both of these amps and I don't think anyone would argue that it's not a better amp than the Lyrix. IMO the Arrow is every but as good as the Pico and I have owned both and compared them directly at a recent meet.

I suppose depending on the headphones, source and music bit-rate you use to listen, you might not notice much of a diffference between many amps. With good gear and well recorded music IMO there can be a substantial difference even with the same op-amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back