Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Oct 18, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #2,821 of 4,123
i waited 3 months for my upgrade to 4G - you think 6 days is bad , wait till you hit 60
eek.gif

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #2,822 of 4,123
  i waited 3 months for my upgrade to 4G - you think 6 days is bad , wait till you hit 60
eek.gif

Got a tracking number from Headstage today. The Arrow is in transit! Looks like I'll have it next week! #Feelingamazing #Can'twait #boomboomboom

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #2,823 of 4,123
Got my refurbished arrow 3G earlier today. 9 Days after placing the order! Package included the 2 ultra low-profile IC's that they promised. Listening to some EDM through my RWAK100 now and early impressions are: This is exactly what I hoped the Arrow would sound like! The bass boost is absolutely amazing for EDM and dubstep! I feel the 3G is no where near neutral, even with all the switches turned off, but that isn't why I bought it! I'm going to use this with my phone as a gym rig, and I need the extra fun factor at the gym! The size is also great, even paired with my phone it does not become bulky! And all for 150€! Are you kidding me?!? Thank you headstage, and a big thank you to everyone who recommended the refurbished 3G. Most of your impressions were spot on for me!

Oct 21, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #2,824 of 4,123
  Got my refurbished arrow 3G earlier today. 9 Days after placing the order! Package included the 2 ultra low-profile IC's that they promised. Listening to some EDM through my RWAK100 now and early impressions are: This is exactly what I hoped the Arrow would sound like! The bass boost is absolutely amazing for EDM and dubstep! I feel the 3G is no where near neutral, even with all the switches turned off, but that isn't why I bought it! I'm going to use this with my phone as a gym rig, and I need the extra fun factor at the gym! The size is also great, even paired with my phone it does not become bulky! And all for 150€! Are you kidding me?!? Thank you headstage, and a big thank you to everyone who recommended the refurbished 3G. Most of your impressions were spot on for me!

3G remains my fav because of it's unique bass boost sound. The perfect match for Shure SE535's ... and yeah, 150 bucks is ridiculous.

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #2,826 of 4,123

I just pulled the trigger on refurbished Arrow 3G. I hope I get it in 9 days like you did. I hope this is the last piece I need to setup my ultimate mobile rig. I'm planning to pair it with Ibasso DX50. My wallet has already taken a big hit since joining head-fi
beyersmile.png
. I will have to put my credit card on a safe now and ask some to change the combination keys and never tell me.

Oct 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #2,827 of 4,123

I just pulled the trigger on refurbished Arrow 3G. I hope I get it in 9 days like you did. I hope this is the last piece I need to setup my ultimate mobile rig. I'm planning to pair it with Ibasso DX50. My wallet has already taken a big hit since joining head-fi
beyersmile.png
. I will have to put my credit card on a safe now and ask some to change the combination keys and never tell me.

Well, if you're located in Singapore I bet you'll get yours even faster! The do ship out of Hong-Kong :)

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #2,828 of 4,123

beyersmile.png

DX50 sounds better on its own.
Arrow 3G looses a lot of "air" imo.
I own both.

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #2,833 of 4,123
Just got mine in today - pre-owned 3rd gen. It is tiny. Pictures definitely do not convey the actual diminutiveness.

Paired with 120G IPC/ALAC to UM3x with the Fiio recable.

Nice rich bass (on "1" for now...). Easy mids and highs not overbearing...might try the TF10s to compare, or even the Klipsch 4s to see how the highs pan out.

One thing is for sure - much listening time needed, but my ears like.

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #2,834 of 4,123
Just got mine in today - pre-owned 3rd gen. It is tiny. Pictures definitely do not convey the actual diminutiveness.

Paired with 120G IPC/ALAC to UM3x with the Fiio recable.

Nice rich bass (on "1" for now...). Easy mids and highs not overbearing...might try the TF10s to compare, or even the Klipsch 4s to see how the highs pan out.

One thing is for sure - much listening time needed, but my ears like.

How long did it take for yours to get delivered?

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #2,835 of 4,123
just under a week.

maybe some personal points i really like:

sound. bass is the deepest and most enjoyable to my head of all others, and i have a lot of amps, including the e12, which i also love.

the auto-power is absolutely brilliant. with it mounted to the iriver ihp140 ala vel-cro and the remote clipped to my shirt neck this set-up is totally hands free. i keep the pair in a small neoprene (like a wetsuit mat'l) hdd pocket i picked up at bestbuy for 6 bux, and clipped to the belt loops on my jeans with a pair of tiny carabiners...

the tiny lods are neat. low profile has its advantages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back