Jan 13, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #1,711 of 4,123
Sorry... I guess Im sick...
wink.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Damn, just 10 Ohm short of perfection then, eh? :wink:

L3000.gif

Jan 16, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #1,713 of 4,123
Funny how active this thread was until we all got our Arrows, and now it's quiet, lol...hope you guys are enjoying your new amps!

Ok, I have a random question...regarding the impedance switch...are you supposed to match as closely as possible to the impedance of your phones, or do the values listed simply ADD that amount of impedance (10, 60, 110)?

And did anyone else notice that the Arrow went up to $299 US?

Jan 16, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #1,714 of 4,123
Yes, the switch gives you the option to ADD. I think the reason why this thread has gotten a lot more quite is because instead of asking questions about the amp, people are getting the chance to listen for themselves :)

Now regarding the rise in price...probably because the US Dollar is sinking fast.........

Jan 16, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #1,716 of 4,123
Mine arrived to my friend on Friday. That was fast. (Came on 5th or 7th day)

I will get them tomorrow and post my impressions, finally
etysmile.gif

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #1,717 of 4,123
#2963 on the 9th of January and.... I'm still patiently awaiting it :)
About the price raise, I also noticed, when I checked on mine yesterday. I think it's still fairly priced though, since it competes with amps that are still far more expensive.

Luckily, I only paid $240 for it, as I paid from my European bank account, but shipped it to Canada. So, I didn't have to pay taxes :)

Jan 16, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #1,718 of 4,123
Quote:
Quote:
Funny how active this thread was until we all got our Arrows, and now it's quiet, lol...hope you guys are enjoying your new amps!

And did anyone else notice that the Arrow went up to $299 US?

I am! 
wink_face.gif

To your second point, I'm glad Rob did.  That device is worth every penny.  $299 is still fair.

Yeah, now maybe those elitest snobs that need to overspend on stuff to sate their egos and vanities will give the Arrow a fair shake and consider it for its features, performance, and design instead of ruling it out because of its price.  I almost fell into the "it can't be as good as a RSA or TTVJ amp!" trap myself, but sanity prevailed.  Besides, it was the only amp that met my criteria of size, crossfeed, adjustable imp, gain and bass boost, and had all the other details as a bonus.  Why spend another $150 for a name and with none of the features I wanted?

Jan 16, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #1,720 of 4,123
@ Golden Monkey - x2 and I almost fell into the trap too. (What's up El Cerrito?! -Formerly from Alameda)

Jan 17, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #1,722 of 4,123

[size=medium]
Has anyone tried pairing the AH-Dxxxx with the Headstage Arrow HE xG? I've order the Headstage Arrow HE 3G to replace by Fiio e5 in my setup. Cowon S9->Fiio E5->Sennheiser IE7. I listen to electronica specifically trance and dance, POP, and occasionally acoustic remixes. The IE7/E5 are a great pairing and I do enjoy using the +3dB bass boost.

I've been researching for my first full-size over-the-ear cans for a while now. After reading through countless threads on Beyer 770, AKG 702, Grado etc, I'm really excited by the AH-D2000. From what I've read, it sounds like the D2000's give full surrounding bass that doesn't feel hollow nor drowns or colors the mids too much. I'm not looking for 100% purity but as others have put it "fun phones". I'm sure these, when properly driven, will sound great on the Cowon using BBE 3.0.

My new dream set: Cowon s9 -> Headstage Arrow HE 3G -> Denon AH-D2000. 

PS: order No. 3053 Status: processing order Ordered: 1-3-11 
Thanks for any input.
[/size]

Jan 17, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #1,723 of 4,123
Order 2962 already in my posesion. So far the amp has saved my s:flo2 from the trade forum. Now that I can use the LO from the Nationite is working for me. A soon as I get some hours in the Arrow I'll try to post some impressions.

Jan 17, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #1,725 of 4,123

Users who are viewing this thread

Back