Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Nov 16, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #1,246 of 4,123

Quote:
[size=medium]
Arrow G3.0 - will start to ship at the end of November (please write me if you prefer this version)

- Change of output resistors to 0/20/65 (better control of treble)
- Additional ceramic capacitors to lower impedance of tantalum caps (virtual better treble but barely noticeable)
- Much faster production (I will observe the assembly of the PCBs myself)
[/size]

My inner design geek really loves this guy.

(and, I'm completely stoked on the 2G so I'm not gonna succumb) 

:wink:

Nov 16, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #1,247 of 4,123

Quote:

(and, I'm completely stoked on the 2G so I'm not gonna succumb) 

:wink:

Me too.  I would definitely want to hear the differences before sending it back to 'upgrade'.

Nov 17, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #1,248 of 4,123
After a good 4 month wait, I finally received my Arrow 2.2 today :) 
Upon receiving it, I immediately tore the package apart to get to the amp. Today is not a good day to be that envelope that holds the Arrorw.

Early Impression:

This amp is really small! Its width is around the same a my S9 and the height is around 3mm shorter. Its thickness is around the same as the old iPod Shuffle. 

The casing itself feels quite solid. It is of metal material (not sure if it is aluminum, but definitely not heavy), it has that nice cold to the touch feel.

The feature switches feel solid (Bass/Cross/Gain/Imp), and they seem to stick out at a perfect amount. If you have the amp in your pocket, you definitely won't have to worry about the switch getting tangled and move by itself.

When I plugged my S9 to the amp, the red power LED came on immediately with zero lag. Robert really made sure that the auto-on feature is a feature and not an annoyance. Attention to detail is always appreciated :)

Nov 17, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #1,250 of 4,123

Quote:
Thanks for your initial impressions you lucky man!

biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #1,255 of 4,123
^ It does say on the changelog that it would be shipping by the end of November.  

The wait probably wont be as long as for the 2.0 so long as there aren't anymore production problems. Changelog also says Rob will be overseeing the production of the PCBs himself too, so there shouldn't be any problems.

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #1,259 of 4,123
You guys are killing me. ^^You can trade in. Rob supports it - even encourages it. However, I have and love the 1G. And mine has the dope laser stamping. (Yay!) The 1G has the "light stick" power switch and I adore it. My Cowon J3 and Arrow had an argument last night after the J3 woke up from a nap and Arrow didn't want to talk to him (Arrow wouldn't auto-power on). I just had toggle the light stick and all was well. It was comforting to have the tactile troubleshooting option. Until my little illuminated proboscis falls off (that came out wrong) I'm sticking with my 1G. 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back