Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Apr 28, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #301 of 4,123
Looking forward to listening impressions from you new owners!

Cheers.

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #302 of 4,123
It drives my dt 48 fine...compared to my asus essence stx and asus d1 sound card..regarding the bass yea.

This headphone has little bass...but the eq on the sound card gives it more impact as well as it's op amps..but still i was expecting more.

Power wise it's fine really makes these dt 48's sound loud more louder than my stx.

I'm a newcomer to amps so forgive me on that but i was expecting more but then the stx offers alot for the price anyways.

I'm going to have to eq these headphones since they have no eq.

The sound is more cleaner compared to my sound cards their is a improvement.

Well i am enjoying this i am satisfied with my purchase.

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #303 of 4,123
Thanks for your reply.

Could you please clarify what you mean by "It's the second amp I've heard that accomplishes this"? Are there two amps inside the Arrow?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Arrow works perfectly fine with even the most obnoxious over-efficient IEMs out there, like the SE530 or UE11. It's the second amp I've heard that accomplishes this - all other amps I've heard so far are as bad as your average MP3 player with those kinds of phones.

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #304 of 4,123
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiPod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you please clarify what you mean by "It's the second amp I've heard that accomplishes this"? Are there two amps inside the Arrow?

No, he was referring to another amp. headsix iirc.

Apr 28, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #305 of 4,123
IC. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fidele-caput /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, he was referring to another amp. headsix iirc.

Apr 28, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #306 of 4,123
Only had chance to give it a brief run last night, but I have to say it's one hell of an amp - makes my E-Q7s sound even better.

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #307 of 4,123
Quote:

Originally Posted by zappp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dfkt,

does the Arrow improve SQ with SE530 or UE11? I thought one reason to go for these very efficient, low impedance, but expensive phones is to do without headamp?

h0pkins,

mine shipped last month within Germany overnight. There should not be any customs clearance or VAT addition within EU.

Hey zappp,

I agree with dfkt and I can personally claim the Arrow HE drives SE530s wonderfully. I use the Shure+Arrow combo every day at work. On IMP 0, GAIN III (I like things that go to "eleven") the SE530s produce a slight bit of low register hiss. It's tolerable (especially in a louder-than-desirable ambient noise environment) and I like the signature that's produced from those settings. Any combination of GAIN+IMP other than the above-mentioned setting produces no hiss.

Apr 29, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #308 of 4,123
I had just finished lifting weights in my garage gym where I have an old stereo/amp and some old Bose speakers. I plug my Zune+Arrow combo into the stereo and rock out while a I work out. It's routine. It's comfort. It's escape. It's *mostly* safe for precious electronics and the components of the routine are unchanging. Except this time I had my new laptop with me.

I place the laptop on a wooden structure which is mounted on one side to a garage wall. With the laptop, I document every rep, weight, time, etc. My new laptop, when closed, has a slight grade to its silky soft-touch display lid's finish (thanks to an extended 9 cell battery). My old one doesn't. I had placed my Zune+Arrow on the display lid when horror ensued...

Placed Zune+Arrow on laptop lid >>> Punch the garage door button (to pull may car in) >>> Garage door motor generates low vibration in wall which vibrates the wooden structure with the laptop and its occupant >>> Zune+Arrow begin a super slow-mo slide toward solid concrete >>> I reach my car and hear a loud *SLAP* >>> I turn around and realize my Zune+Arrow took a four foot dive to the garage floor >>> Sonic F-Bomb >>> Wife almost immediately opens the interior garage door to interrogate the source of toxicity and almost steps on my Zune+Arrow before I have time to close the distance >>> To her bewilderment, all I can muster is to stupidly yell "NOOOOOOO!! D-D-DOAN - NOOOOOO!!" at her.

Everything (including me and my marriage) miraculously survived. I believe the Arrow hit first at about a 45 degree angle right on its edge with the settings. Only the slightest scuffs in the finish near the USB and CHG ends exist as proof that anything at all happened. Luckily, I had put the Zune in standby so the hard drive wasn't spinning.
k701smile.gif

This editorial officially serves as weight added, drop-test proof of the Arrow HE's stoutness of design.

-Ogre and out
wink_face.gif

Apr 29, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #309 of 4,123
I was extremely surprised to check my mailbox today & see a yellow padded envelope from Germany inside... I charged it until the green light went off (only took a couple hours), and started listening... I am somewhat stunned at how much difference there is between my Classic's HPO & line-out. Things sounded a bit congested at first, but opened-up after only an hour or so. Early indications are that I will be very happy w/ this purchase.

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #311 of 4,123
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Arrow works perfectly fine with even the most obnoxious over-efficient IEMs out there, like the SE530 or UE11. It's the second amp I've heard that accomplishes this - all other amps I've heard so far are as bad as your average MP3 player with those kinds of phones.

dfkt, have you heard the Pico Slim?

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #313 of 4,123
Hey guys,

Anyone using the Arrow with a UM3X and/or Cowon D2? This is the combo I am using at the moment.

Would there be a noticeable improvement in SQ even with the HPO of the D2? I'm specifically looking for some more sub-bass impact at the moment.

Apr 29, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #314 of 4,123
Quote:

Originally Posted by merlinzeta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

Anyone using the Arrow with a UM3X and/or Cowon D2? This is the combo I am using at the moment.

Would there be a noticeable improvement in SQ even with the HPO of the D2? I'm specifically looking for some more sub-bass impact at the moment.

I have not received my Arrow yet. I should get it some time this week. I will try this, I have a D2 as well and I will post the result here.

Apr 29, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #315 of 4,123
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not received my Arrow yet. I should get it some time this week. I will try this, I have a D2 as well and I will post the result here.

Did you have a UM3X also?

In any case, looking forward to your impressions with the D2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back