Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Nov 30, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #4,111 of 4,123
yes I just replaced the battery in an older Arrow, all you need is a star tool not sure what size as I used the one Robert sent with mine, but take out the screws from the top, and slide the unit out, take of the tape, pop off the connector, and then reverse with the new battery, getting a star tool will be the hardest part, the rest is self explanatory, here's the battery I used to replace it with,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ICP0534500-Battery-for-Apple-iPOD-U2-20GB-Color-Display-MA127-Photo-60GB-M9830Z/264098320121?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

which is the exact same one, Robert was great with that, he used common stuff where he could, so it's easily replaced, unfortunately I am pretty sure Robert is out of the picture, no ones heard from him for a long time, his website is down, and his last run was cut short,

but if your in the states and want me to, I could replace the battery for you, but it is really very easy to do, all you have to do is what I mentioned,

Sorry to dig up an old post, but I'm looking to replace the battery on my 5TX and was wondering what battery you bought.

Nov 30, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #4,112 of 4,123
Lazard,
The original battery in my 5TX was a Cameron Sino model CS-IPOD4HL. It was a 1200mah battery also used in the Apple 4th gen IPOD. I later bought a 2100mah battery from Robert and installed it in the 5TX. The 2100mah battery didn't have markings on it so I don't know where Robert got it but the original Cameron Sino battery is still available on Ebay.

Dec 2, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #4,113 of 4,123
Lazard,
The original battery in my 5TX was a Cameron Sino model CS-IPOD4HL. It was a 1200mah battery also used in the Apple 4th gen IPOD. I later bought a 2100mah battery from Robert and installed it in the 5TX. The 2100mah battery didn't have markings on it so I don't know where Robert got it but the original Cameron Sino battery is still available on Ebay.

Can I ask how to replace the battery. I see that there are 2 torx screws. Unscrew and push the body out of what I assume is the outer shell?

Dec 2, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #4,114 of 4,123
That's right. Remove 2 screws and push out far enough to replace the battery. Reuse the tape around the old battery. The batteries have a connector so no soldering involved. Push back in and install the screws. Quite easy compared to some replacements.

Dec 2, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #4,115 of 4,123
Just found pictures of the replacement. The Blue battery was the new 2100mah battery from Robert. The other is the original.
IMG_0078.JPG
IMG_0080.JPG

Apr 9, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #4,116 of 4,123
Hi, for those of you that want to let go of your Headstage Arrow please send me a PM. I am interested in getting one. Thank you!

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #4,117 of 4,123
Hi, for those of you that want to let go of your Headstage Arrow please send me a PM. I am interested in getting one. Thank you!
If you didn't find one ..just in case you may concider : Vorzamp duo classic .. it has somewhat similar qualities : german engineering - bass & treble - high quality components and there is a nice discount on it now

Apr 9, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #4,118 of 4,123
If you didn't find one ..just in case you may concider : Vorzamp duo classic .. it has somewhat similar qualities : german engineering - bass & treble - high quality components and there is a nice discount on it now
I didn't mention but I have the Headstage Arrow and I am interested in getting the 5th and the 6th version. I had the Vorzuge and sold it, so I know how that sounds. I am more interested to hear what improvements are in the latest versions of the Arrow

Apr 9, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #4,120 of 4,123
Was there a 6th version ever produced? I think Robert stopped at the 5th. There were plans (I was even asked by him, what I'd personally would like to see in the next version), but I don't think it ever came to fruition.

Apr 9, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #4,121 of 4,123
Headstage Arrow 6TX is the latest from what I read here on this thread

Aug 12, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #4,122 of 4,123
Can I ask how to replace the battery. I see that there are 2 torx screws. Unscrew and push the body out of what I assume is the outer shell?
That's right. Remove 2 screws and push out far enough to replace the battery. Reuse the tape around the old battery. The batteries have a connector so no soldering involved. Push back in and install the screws. Quite easy compared to some replacements.
hi @lazard @sargaso, appreciated your sharing, i have a difficulity to push 5tx body of the outer shell after unscrew, is there any tools that can be used to push it to outer shell? i think i am stuck and can't clear all the glue residue at the side of the outer shell with the opening tools , can you share any tips for pushing the body out of the outer shell, it is very hard and not budging a bit

Regards,
Einlight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back