Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Dec 9, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #4,097 of 4,123
Does anyone know if Headstage are still going? I've been using my 4G for years but I tried the website recently and it seems to be down.

The reason I was looking at the website is I'm having some trouble with it. I've just switched from an iPod classic to Sony NW-A55 but now the Arrow just cuts out after a couple of minutes. It's a massive tease as those few minutes are audio bliss with incredible subs when combined with the eq of on the Sony!

Has anyone had something similar?

Dec 9, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #4,098 of 4,123
Does anyone know if Headstage are still going? I've been using my 4G for years but I tried the website recently and it seems to be down.

The reason I was looking at the website is I'm having some trouble with it. I've just switched from an iPod classic to Sony NW-A55 but now the Arrow just cuts out after a couple of minutes. It's a massive tease as those few minutes are audio bliss with incredible subs when combined with the eq of on the Sony!

Has anyone had something similar?

Time to change battery

Dec 9, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #4,101 of 4,123
Was thinking that myself but have absolutely no clue about electrics! Does the arrow use a common one / can it be done easily (for someone who knows what they're doing) or would have to be returned to Robert?

yes I just replaced the battery in an older Arrow, all you need is a star tool not sure what size as I used the one Robert sent with mine, but take out the screws from the top, and slide the unit out, take of the tape, pop off the connector, and then reverse with the new battery, getting a star tool will be the hardest part, the rest is self explanatory, here's the battery I used to replace it with,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ICP0534500...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

which is the exact same one, Robert was great with that, he used common stuff where he could, so it's easily replaced, unfortunately I am pretty sure Robert is out of the picture, no ones heard from him for a long time, his website is down, and his last run was cut short,

but if your in the states and want me to, I could replace the battery for you, but it is really very easy to do, all you have to do is what I mentioned,

Dec 9, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #4,102 of 4,123
Thanks so much for that Anderoan, thought that might the case with easily replaced bits from what I remember when I got this one.

Such a shame about Robert, it really is an excellent piece of kit. I've asked this on the recommendations board but what would be the best alternative in case mine ever goes completely?

Dec 10, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #4,103 of 4,123
I did send my new TX6 to Robert many months ago, for bass extension.
Since then Robert went under the radar and my 6TX was never returned. No matter how many messages were sent.
Beaware of doing any business with this person!

Dec 10, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #4,104 of 4,123
I did send my new TX6 to Robert many months ago, for bass extension.
Since then Robert went under the radar and my 6TX was never returned. No matter how many messages were sent.
Beaware of doing any business with this person!
I think its closed

Dec 10, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #4,105 of 4,123
Gutted about the closure although not that surprised.

So it turns out the battery in my 4G is fine - seen as the problem only started when I switched DAP I put the arrow back on the iPod and it works fine.

Current best guess is that it the arrow doesn't like the 3.5mm to 3.5mm I've been using to connect it with the Sony. I use a connector from the iPod charging point to the 3.5mm on the Arrow so hopefully getting a custom adapter will save me!

Dec 18, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #4,106 of 4,123
Gutted about the closure although not that surprised.

So it turns out the battery in my 4G is fine - seen as the problem only started when I switched DAP I put the arrow back on the iPod and it works fine.

Current best guess is that it the arrow doesn't like the 3.5mm to 3.5mm I've been using to connect it with the Sony. I use a connector from the iPod charging point to the 3.5mm on the Arrow so hopefully getting a custom adapter will save me!
Is that battery the original from when you bought the 4G? If so, that’s a pretty impressive life for it, my 4G battery has started to die much sooner than it used to, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s indicative of all of them.

Nov 25, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #4,107 of 4,123
Random request, but don't suppose anyone in the EU (or further afield) has a Headstage Arrow in good working order that they want to part with? I owned it once and slightly miss it and would be happy to rescue one from someone's drawer/shelf/cupboard. Hit me up if of interest 😊

Nov 25, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #4,108 of 4,123
Random request, but don't suppose anyone in the EU (or further afield) has a Headstage Arrow in good working order that they want to part with? I owned it once and slightly miss it and would be happy to rescue one from someone's drawer/shelf/cupboard. Hit me up if of interest 😊

I am deciding on whether to sell or keep my Arrow 4HE.

Nov 29, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #4,110 of 4,123
So Headstage is no longer working on any new amp - they've closed the business?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back