Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Mar 16, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #3,811 of 4,123
  I've owned 4 Blackberry 10 devices and NONE supported USB audio.
you have to tell me how you made this work, please!!!

Since this is the Arrow thread and since the 5TX (as well as every other version, going back to the 4G at least) charges from a USB port (btw, there are plugs that plug directly into any household power output and simply has a USB outlet on the other side of the plug. You plug your USB input into the plug and the other end of the chord into the Arrow and that will charge it as well as a computer. I bet there are thousands of users in this predicament: no charge on their device, no computer to charge from. With a plug like I described: no problem) and also plays while charging, why don't you buy it?

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #3,812 of 4,123

Since this is the Arrow thread and since the 5TX (as well as every other version, going back to the 4G at least) charges from a USB port (btw, there are plugs that plug directly into any household power output and simply has a USB outlet on the other side of the plug. You plug your USB input into the plug and the other end of the chord into the Arrow and that will charge it as well as a computer. I bet there are thousands of users in this predicament: no charge on their device, no computer to charge from. With a plug like I described: no problem) and also plays while charging, why don't you buy it?

The real problem is blackberry 10 OS doesn't support USB audio devices, period. I got excited when i saw the BB logo on his phone that maybe he found a way to do it, but you are right. you need an otg cable and switch the 5TX DAC to "M"

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #3,813 of 4,123
  Hello Billy,

The portable rig that I posted the pictures for does not include my MacBook Air, although I do use the MBA when I am at work or home. At work, I either connect my HD800 to the Arrow 5TX and into the MBA via USB or my old FiiO E17 also via USB. For portable, my Ed8 goes into the Arrow 5TX and directly into the BB Priv via the Mini (or is it Micro?) USB that was provided by Robert with the Arrow 5TX. So that's pretty much it... nothing magical here but the sound coming out of the 5TX.

BTW, I will be coming to Thailand at the end of this month for an ice-hockey tournament. What is the pricing of audio equipment in Bangkok? Any suggestions on places to check out? Thanks.

Hockey in Thailand? That's incredible. You'll be staying in Bangkok? Are you looking for high-end stuff? There are a ton of gigantic Western style malls (i.e., expensive, lol) that are all called Central something or other, e..g., Central Airport. You get it. I'm sure they'll have high end stuff. I've only stayed a few nights in Bangkok so don't know about specific places but if you have time to check out Lazada.co.th online I'm sure they'll have bargains there and may even ship to Canada. Another idea is to google "audio equipment" before u go. Then get a google map w/directions to the best lot. 

I once found an extremely cheap philips mp3 player, which I still have. But that was in a way out of the way market surrounded by tons of people and shops that had, like, live chickens and snakes which they would butcher for their customers. And that bazaar wasn't anywhere near Bangkok. But if you have time to wander, google "bangkok bazaars" or "bangkok night markets". Night markets are all over TH: usually, Sat., Sun and Mon. They block off whole streets and let vendors set up their shops on the street. Fun place to wander around, anyway. Lastly, join teakdoor.com. It's a forum for people who love and usually have been or are planning to go to TH. You don't even have to join, if you don't plan on posting. Go to the Forum Home page firstly. On that page, you'll find The Multimedia Forum. There are a ton of audiophiles on teakdoor and I'm sure you'll get your answers there. Of course, if you don't, visit audiophile.com, which originates in Japan but is an all english web site. There is **** on that site that I've never hear of like a ORB DF-01i High-End Audio Vinyl LP Record Flattener. If I were you, I'd go there first.

Good luck (chok dii cop)!
BillyCNX

Mar 18, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #3,814 of 4,123
to be honest I did not know Robert was banned from head-fi, and this sucks

I think the whole community is missing out from input and communication with a genius like Robert

And what amazed me most is that you guys mention that it happened about 10 years ago, oh common that is totally not relevant as 10 years ago almost everything changed, even the skin on my body got replaced

Common we need to raise a demand to allow Robert back, as he is a master in what he does, and to be honest his 5tx is among the things I will be totally devastated if it did not exit in my chain of equipment

what do u think guys shall we work on getting him back on, the question also is if Robert himself is interested to re-join here or not

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #3,815 of 4,123
  to be honest I did not know Robert was banned from head-fi, and this sucks

I think the whole community is missing out from input and communication with a genius like Robert

And what amazed me most is that you guys mention that it happened about 10 years ago, oh common that is totally not relevant as 10 years ago almost everything changed, even the skin on my body got replaced

Common we need to raise a demand to allow Robert back, as he is a master in what he does, and to be honest his 5tx is among the things I will be totally devastated if it did not exit in my chain of equipment

what do u think guys shall we work on getting him back on, the question also is if Robert himself is interested to re-join here or not

Where are the mods at? Why haven't they replied?

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #3,816 of 4,123
I found an "administrator" and sent him this message:

Hey Jude,

Take a look at the thread Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations. It is 255 pages in length and dedicated solely and entirely to Robert's Arrow, in all its incarnations. 

It is my understanding he has been banned from this forum for over 9 years. There is an uprising, lol, going on as to why that ban can't be lifted. We don't know the circumstances and you could at least explain those. Regardless, going on 10 years is surely a sufficient length.

Would you please show due cause or lift the ban?

I am going to post this message on the thread along with how to contact you.

Regards,
wjblaney HEAD-FI'R

I invite everybody who wants Robert back to do the same. Go here: http://www.head-fi.org/u/1/jude

Mar 18, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #3,817 of 4,123
  I found an "administrator" and sent him this message:
 I invite everybody who wants Robert back to do the same. Go here: http://www.head-fi.org/u/1/jude

i will do that as well

Mar 18, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #3,820 of 4,123
Second try.

For those of you in the USA, how did your 5TX arrive?
USPS, FedEx, UPS or ?

Work place does not accept USPS packages for individuals thus this matters.

Thanks,
r
You can inform Robert not to use UPS .

Mar 19, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #3,822 of 4,123
Hi all,

About Robert's ban, I received a PM from Jude and he deserves respect, whatever your thoughts about Robert's ban are after you read this. But please post them. The reason for the respect is that Jude has not only been around since then, but since way before that.

1. He took the time to research the issue completely and I mean there is nothing left out of the thread but I'm only going to link Jude's post. You can read the whole thread, if you like. 
2. He PM'd me personally.
3. His arguments (in his post from nine years ago) seem flawless. 

Let me know what y'all think.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/235675/withdraw-of-amps/60#post_2914711

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #3,823 of 4,123
  Hi all,

About Robert's ban, I received a PM from Jude and he deserves respect, whatever your thoughts about Robert's ban are after you read this. But please post them. The reason for the respect is that Jude has not only been around since then, but since way before that.

1. He took the time to research the issue completely and I mean there is nothing left out of the thread but I'm only going to link Jude's post. You can read the whole thread, if you like. 
2. He PM'd me personally.
3. His arguments (in his post from nine years ago) seem flawless. 

Let me know what y'all think.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/235675/withdraw-of-amps/60#post_2914711

i received the same pm

i did not have enough time to read through it

But I will look into it in detail soon.

The question that comes to my mind, is Robert interested to be back on this forum?

Mar 20, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #3,824 of 4,123
  i received the same pm

i did not have enough time to read through it

But I will look into it in detail soon.

The question that comes to my mind, is Robert interested to be back on this forum?

I just sent this message to Jude:
Hi Jude, 

Sure Robert "copied" some stuff. Your quotes: 
Jan Meier's amp's crossfeed and amplification stages as, in the finished product they were identical to his....
Jan also produced photos of the Headphonia amp version he has in his possession which seem to me to clearly corroborate the resistor values and positions in the schematic as being exactly the same.

Big deal.

That's enough evidence for a lifetime ban? I don't think so. Why were you and Jan so outraged? In Robert's own words:
Again, please clarify why you applied a simplification of this Ohman circuit for a patent. I have no idea why I shouldn't use this circuit which was puplished in 1994....

I'd like to point out: 
Since the rights granted by a U.S. patent extend only throughout the territory of the United States and have no effect in a foreign country,

Robert makes many international shipments. I live in Thailand, for example. Jan's patent doesn't apply here.

Finally, I'm no electronics techie but it seems to me that the issue is really over nothing significant.

So, what are the current terms of Robert's banishment considering the dinky charge you banned him for, as well as, he's already served 9 years of banishment? Would you consider water under the bridge and recognize the excellent products he's produced in the
last 9 years? Just how many man-hours did Jan Meier put into those products? 

The nitty gritty: what kind of a chance will you give Robert to rejoin the forum? Hell, put him on probation for a year, if it makes you feel better. I'm just curious as hell and figure it's all up to you.

Ciao,
Bill Blaney

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #3,825 of 4,123
Thought I post Robert's support forum: http://www.headstage.com/forum/forum.php Seems like the arguments and complaints on this thread about late deliveries and unanswered emails would stand a better chance over there. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back