Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Mar 12, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #106 of 4,123
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered an Arrow 12HE today. Where is the amp shipped from? My USB DAC Cable was shipped from California.

Hey wuwhere, I'm not sure if anyone responded to you. Mine shipped from Germany. I think most of us who have received ours Arrows received them from Germany. This really belongs in the "Where oh where" thread though.
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #107 of 4,123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediaogre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey wuwhere, I'm not sure if anyone responded to you. Mine shipped from Germany. I think most of us who have received ours Arrows received them from Germany. This really belongs in the "Where oh where" thread though.
wink.gif

Or "where nowhere"
wink.gif
. Hellenback already did. When I emailed Robert on where to send my trade in amp, he replied within minutes. I guess his response time is dependent on whether he is on-line or not.

Mar 12, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #108 of 4,123
One of the smartest things about this little beastie of an amp is the inclusion of a second input on the opposite end panel. Brilliant.

I'm using it on medium gain, and man, so far it's wonderful. I'll reserve more in depth observations until it's settled in a bit. Seems it's already opening up though. I think the soundstage may be wider than the ALO Rx. And I love having the bass tweaking ability on the amp. Means I could feasibly get some help in the low end with all earphones, and any DAP. Very very cool.

Now I just need that dern ALO Sony line out cable! But synergy is already awesome between my MD's, Sony X, and the Arrow with just running a mini to mini from the X's headphone out.

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #110 of 4,123
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Er, do you mean the SuperFi 5 Pro or the TripleFi 10 "Pro" (the pro moniker has been dropped from that model)?

The Super.fi 5 Pros, not to be confused with the non-Pros, or the EB models of the Super.fi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridlinked /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I finally got around to ordering one myself. It's going to be a long 2-3 week wait, but it'll give me time to find a iPod 5/5.5g.

It may be there quicker than you think as Robert has decided to go with a faster shipping service.

Mar 12, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #111 of 4,123
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It may be there quicker than you think as Robert has decided to go with a faster shipping service.

That is good to know. Though, when I checked out there was a message saying there's a two week lead time before it ships. However, it could just have been a generic message to cover any unforeseen delays.

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #112 of 4,123
Hey! This is my first post. I've read trought the whole thread. The Arrow seems to be a nice portable Amp and maybe a good (and not to pricey) upgrade to my cheap cmoy-amp for my Shure In-Ears and my new AKG 701, which I get tomorrow. Has anyone tested these headphones? Sure I could buy the Arrow without any testings or reviews but I am a poor student and 200€ are a big position for me!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #113 of 4,123
How about an after dinner amp... it's wafer thin!

*couldn't resist*

Mar 13, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #114 of 4,123
I have a little over 50hrs on my USB DAC cable and it sounds pretty good. With my Headamp Pico, the mids can be fatiguing after some time. Just a little too forward for my taste. However, with RSA Tomahawk, its just right, listening to an ER4P APS re-cabled.

Mar 13, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #115 of 4,123
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It may not, I ordered my HE around 4 weeks ago and still not receive it yet and Robert did not reply my last two emails.

Mar 13, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #116 of 4,123
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about an after dinner amp... it's wafer thin!

*couldn't resist*

LOL. Dude, you are punchy since receiving yours. Wafer thin, indeed. But it doesn't have an eating disorder. It eats whatever you throw at it.

@AVenger_Zero, I'm certain it will drive your AKGs just fine. It drives my 150 Ohms Senns past my comfort level and turns my 32 Ohms Shure SE530s into full range wonders. And someone here (Hellenback maybe?) is driving some 650s. You will not be disappointed.

Mar 13, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #117 of 4,123
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It may not, I ordered my HE around 4 weeks ago and still not receive it yet and Robert did not reply my last two emails.

Yours sounds like part of the problem batch sent out via the German postal system on 2/12 that caused Robert to switch to EMS for international shipments shortly afterwords. Mine went out a few days later on the 17th via post, (just received a couple of days ago) and I think it was pretty much EMS after that. Good luck with yours!

I must say that my RE1/Arrow/lossless portable rig has now surpassed my Grado/desktop amp in my upstairs desktop setup
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #118 of 4,123
Quote:

@AVenger_Zero, I'm certain it will drive your AKGs just fine. It drives my 150 Ohms Senns past my comfort level and turns my 32 Ohms Shure SE530s into full range wonders. And someone here (Hellenback maybe?) is driving some 650s. You will not be disappointed.

I'll post how it goes with my K601s in a week or so

Mar 13, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #119 of 4,123
Quote:

LOL. Dude, you are punchy since receiving yours. Wafer thin, indeed. But it doesn't have an eating disorder. It eats whatever you throw at it.

Yeah, for sure. Punchy since I'm quite content with my portable rig now. With the addition of the ALO Sony line out cable, it'll be perfect and done I think. I am most happy with the fact that you can have all these tweaking options with the amp, not on whatever DAP you're using. Therefore I can enjoy sound using iPlop (errr, ummm, iPod/iPhone I mean) stuff finally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back