Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Dec 4, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #3,676 of 4,123
  is that a autocorrect typo? "Another batch" ? or really " A mother batch" ... Hoping for the later a year of waiting is coming up, but hey, I'm also an infinity 2.0 backer so I'm used to waiting.... about 2 years waiting now..........

OMG. I told Robert he should ship his new customers first. If I had anything to say about it, I'd ask to have you sent one before me. NOT before anyone else. I can enjoy the old model as much as anyone, eh Drsparis? 
etysmile.gif

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #3,680 of 4,123
  OMG. I told Robert he should ship his new customers first. If I had anything to say about it, I'd ask to have you sent one before me. NOT before anyone else. I can enjoy the old model as much as anyone, eh Drsparis? 
etysmile.gif

To my defence I still have a 3G ( I am a upgrade customer) but thanks haha. It will be a while for me to make another long term investment like these :p

Dec 6, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #3,682 of 4,123
Recently I purchased zolom's 5P and stacked it up with my X5.
Wow, what a great little amp!
smily_headphones1.gif

All my iems scaled up nicely, but the 1plus2 (treble & bass on I, freq on M) scaled up in such a way that I almost cound't believe my ears
eek.gif
I've never heard them like this (so 3D and dynamic) before and just can't stop listening to them these days...

Dec 6, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #3,684 of 4,123
The 5TX non bass hands down has a much open sound. Its mids and Treble are much more the focus. I can easily tell this version from the 5P. I find the 5TX bass version just slightly more open than the 5P. I enjoy the 5P and 5TX bass version and I plan to get the 5TX non bass version for my Cowon dap which pounds the bass.

Dec 6, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #3,685 of 4,123
  Recently I purchased zolom's 5P and stacked it up with my X5.
Wow, what a great little amp!
smily_headphones1.gif

All my iems scaled up nicely, but the 1plus2 (treble & bass on I, freq on M) scaled up in such a way that I almost cound't believe my ears
eek.gif
I've never heard them like this (so 3D and dynamic) before and just can't stop listening to them these days...

Sorry, I'm a little slow on the uptake. By stacked it's obvious you connect the two amps through which one's input and which one's output? Where did you get the connector? (I have one I use to connect amp to player). What did you mean by X5? Typo for 5X? And you didn't mean 5TX did you? So do you use the controls (volume, mid, trble, bass) intermittently or randomly? So you were never in line for the 5TX and ordered the 5P recently? How long did it take to get it? 
beerchug.gif

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #3,686 of 4,123
Sorry, I'm a little slow on the uptake. By stacked it's obvious you connect the two amps through which one's input and which one's output? Where did you get the connector? (I have one I use to connect amp to player). What did you mean by X5? Typo for 5X? And you didn't mean 5TX did you? So do you use the controls (volume, mid, trble, bass) intermittently or randomly? So you were never in line for the 5TX and ordered the 5P recently? How long did it take to get it? :beerchug:
He bought a second hand 5P.

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #3,687 of 4,123
  Sorry, I'm a little slow on the uptake. By stacked it's obvious you connect the two amps through which one's input and which one's output? Where did you get the connector? (I have one I use to connect amp to player). What did you mean by X5? Typo for 5X? And you didn't mean 5TX did you? So do you use the controls (volume, mid, trble, bass) intermittently or randomly? So you were never in line for the 5TX and ordered the 5P recently? How long did it take to get it? 
beerchug.gif

X5 = FiiO X5 (dap)
Connector = Crystal Piccolino, which I picked up in the HF for sale/trade section
I use X5 line out => 5P which means you skip the amp part of the X5 (no double amping that way)
I use different 5P settings for different iems/headphones, this setting was for the Tralucent 1plus2
As jmills8 mentioned above, this was a used (zolom's) one => no waiting line to get it
wink.gif

Cheers!

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #3,688 of 4,123
When deciding to purchase the 5TX my older 5P was meant to be given to my son, but he declined the offer. So I sold it.
Both 5P and 5TX are GREAT. My old ears could not distinctly define a significant difference between them.

Both are truly recommended, found them superior to the RSA Shadow and significantly overruling several FiiO amps/dacs I had in the past.

I am using the Shure SE846 IEMs which contributes to the overall stage.

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #3,689 of 4,123
Quote:
  When deciding to purchase the 5TX my older 5P was meant to be given to my son, but he declined the offer. So I sold it.
Both 5P and 5TX are GREAT. My old ears could not distinctly define a significant difference between them.

Both are truly recommended, found them superior to the RSA Shadow and significantly overruling several FiiO amps/dacs I had in the past.

I am using the Shure SE846 IEMs which contributes to the overall stage.

Well then, I guess I have to be thankfull that your son wasn't that interested in it afterall
rolleyes.gif

I had a chance to try flinkenick's 5P just before yours appeared in the classifieds, so I already knew how good it was...

Had a Pico Power in the past, which also had a very clean and impressive output.
But it didn't have treble/bass switches and changing the 9V batteries always was a hassle imo
redface.gif

I've tried somebody else's SE846 (with blue filters) sometimes and liked it very much at that time
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #3,690 of 4,123

X5 = FiiO X5 (dap)
Connector = Crystal Piccolino, which I picked up in the HF for sale/trade section
I use X5 line out => 5P which means you skip the amp part of the X5 (no double amping that way)
I use different 5P settings for different iems/headphones, this setting was for the Tralucent 1plus2
As jmills8 mentioned above, this was a used (zolom's) one => no waiting line to get it
wink.gif

Cheers!

You obviously know your **** and I'll refer to this post when I get my 5TX. But you're basically still just using a player (a Digital Audio Player) and the 5P amp, eh? And, of course, high end headphones. My player is JRiver Media Center which I bought for $50 and downloaded to my Lenovo Win 7. I listen to it through Marshall Monitors. It blows my mind but I wouldn't mind 2 blows. 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back