Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Oct 26, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #3,616 of 4,123
send him a mail, tell him if it's not shipped in the next 24h hours you'll file a ppal claim . 

Robert is basically a nice guy, but i guess sometimes he gets lost in all his orders. This has been discussed a thousand times here for sure, but it doesn't justify a wait like yours, especially since many have received theirs . 

Hope you'll get it soon, this is the best amp out there at this price 

cheers
Or find him and knock on his door.

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #3,617 of 4,123
RHA T10's and the 5G:

Listened to the new 5TX (normal bass boost edition) over the weekend, exclusively with the RHA T10.  I liked the T10 but found the treble to be a bit rolled off and the vocals recessed.  To a large extent the 5TX fixed this. 

The treble switch (at I setting) upped the treble just enough.  I'm treble sensitive.  The T10 is the only earphone I can listen to with silicone ear tips and not Comply.  The double flange tips sounded good, but at the gym I needed the isolation of Comply tips.  The Comply tips, as usual, rounded off the treble a bit and the T10 didn't have any to spare.  I'm using the reference filters

I didn't think I would need the bass switch, but I found that a low setting helped bump the bass up just a bit, which is unusual given the T10 is already bass heavy.  For contrast, with my 3G, I needed to turn the bass boost off completely to use the T10.

Vocal still are somewhat recessed but better.

Miscellaneous:

Love the volume switch.  I often need to adjust the volume just a bit between albums.  Also, I can't always see the volume button and just do it by feel, resulting in difficulties in hitting the right volume lever.  Now, with the rocker switch I can just give it a bump or two and can more easily feel the button.  A great feature for me that I wasn't even looking for.

Soundstage seems somewhat wider.  Haven't done an A/B test but Robert's claims for a better soundstage are right on.

Didn't use as a DAC, so no comment.  Ran out of a FiiO X3.

Of course, the overall sound is just wonderful. 

Oct 26, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #3,618 of 4,123
  Ordered mine in January, half a dozen emails, still nothing.

Is it an upgrade? Apparantly upgrades are getting shipped last, somewhat understandable considering he let me keep the old version while I wait.  I too ordered it in January. Don`t fret, you'll get it soon.

Oct 26, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #3,620 of 4,123
Yes. Received on Friday.  Sent in upgrade amp in January.  No prior warning, just appeared in the mail (USPS I think). 

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #3,622 of 4,123
Or find him and knock on his door.

Couldn't help it 
tongue.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #3,624 of 4,123
The Arrow 5P sounds better than the Mojo in every catagory. Wonder how the 5TX will do?

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #3,626 of 4,123
Oct 27, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #3,628 of 4,123
Oct 27, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #3,630 of 4,123
And I remember people saying the Vorzüge is a PERFECT mobile match for the ak120....it is HUUUUUUGE In comparison to the arrow....seemed like I had hard times in my jeans when putting it in my pocket.

The arrow just disappears...magic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back