Headsets with microphones (AD700, amplifier?)
Jul 6, 2010 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

yaboroo

New Head-Fier
Hey!
I want a new headset for music and gaming with a microphone so I can talk with my friends.
Are headsets of some quality that have microphones hard to come by? Soundquality for music is very important, but a microphone is essential. I don't really care about the quality of the microphone as long as people understand what I'm saying on VoIP.
I have a Creative X-FI XtremeGamer soundcard if that makes any difference.

Any suggestions, tips on what to look for or alternative options?
Thanks!

Jul 6, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 22
Check out any of the AERIAL7 headphones they all have mics and are awesome for gaming! www.aerial7.com. I have the tanks and they are amazing...if you want smaller ones i think they have them too.

Jul 6, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 22
Sennheiser PC 350's.

And welcome to head-fi. 
smile_phones.gif

Jul 6, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 22
JRHeadphone the Tank looks very nice, but how is the sound? Also, what are in-line microphones like?

Thanks for the welcome, winma!
How is the PC350 for music? That is most important to me, I fell in love with quality sound when i found my soundcard's controlpanel and now that I'm spending some money on a proper headset I really want to notice how much better my music-collection sounds. Or will that be hard when a microphone is a requirement?

Has anyone tried the Razer Megalodon? The 7.1 surround and audio processing-unit sounds really cool.

Jul 6, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #6 of 22
PC350 kills the aerial7. aerial7's are all about looks and not sound. I demoed them and they reminded me of Skullcandy (Crap). Anything basically beats the Aerial7's unless you are going for style (Which you are not )

Jul 6, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #8 of 22
My taste of music is very versatile, except I'm not really into the heavier stuff like metal and rock. This is my Spotify-profile if you have that http://open.spotify.com/user/yabo

I play everything that comes out, but I guess I want some positioning if that's what you're looking for, I play a lot of counter-strike and other first person shooters. Quality music is what is most important by far though, so don't let that throw you off.

Jul 6, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #12 of 22
I have owned the beyer mmx300 at one point and can recommend them. They are good with music. they have the same sound as the dt 770 (05 version) and have a very good mic also. As far as sound isolation goes they have the best sound isolation I have heard of any gaming or audiophille cans. They also at least for me were very comfortable over long sessions. They are only 32ohm so they are easy to drive.  i didnt see a price range so I thought I would throw these out. I have seen these as low as $125 but $200 is probably typical.

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #13 of 22
The mmx300 is very tempting as a lazy solution, but it is very expensive compared to the ad700 and dt770 so I'll probably go with a clip-on mic like you guys suggested.
What kind of microphone should I be looking for? I want something that wont give me too much trouble, something i wont have to re-attach all the time, you know?

Also, ad700 or dt770?

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #15 of 22
From personal experience I think the AD700 is amazing for gaming, it lacks bass but positional cues are outstanding. They replaced my Turtle Beach HPA2s which I thought at the time were hands down the best. Personally Im not one to just listen to music so I dont cant say much for that aspect but I dont think you can go wrong with either. The HPA2 already has a mic and the AD700s I have are modded with a removable mic.

If you are interested I have the HPA2s for sale. <----- YES shameless plug LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back