Heads UP - KSC75's for $9.99
May 6, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #151 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyBoy
I've had mine for a couple of days now and they do sound good!
When I went to the shack to buy another pair the sales person offered me
the pair free if I paint up a pair for him! They look so cheap in silver.

http://static.flickr.com/56/141195754_6ee00f432f_o.jpg

Nice, they look almost like cherry wood in that picture. Hehe, Headphile-KSC75s...

May 6, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #152 of 173
so I bought a pair at circuit city and had them price match with the 10% so they cost $8.99 + tax. They do sound awesome, I'm glad I found this post, thanks again TC. My Radio Shack still has a rack of these headphones at their store, I can't believe the sale lasts until Mothers day.

one thing I dont like about circuit citys price matching is they sometimes call the other retailer to see if its in stock. They didnt do that when I bought the headphones, but she did go online I think at radioshack.com for something

May 7, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #154 of 173
I'm going to head down to the three RS stores in town and pick up two pairs. 1 for myself, 1 for the girlfriend. Going to see if they're good for all the hype
smily_headphones1.gif
Will compare with HD280 & HD570.

EDIT:
Not bad for $10! I think I prefer the accuracy of the HD280s over the KSC75's but for the price they well out-do Sony Streetstyles that are usually $20.

Out of my soundcard I felt the KSC75s were overly froward in the mids to the point of being noisy and cluttering the soundstage. They're also not nearly as clear in the 7k and up range for my liking, almost sounding veiled.

The KSC75s have a fairly wide soundstage, especially compared to the HD280s, but I would take a more accurate sound over wideness (this is probably also in relation to the open-vs-closed sound of both phones.)

I think I'll just let these replace my Streetstyles for on to go listening, and not enough for my every day phones.

May 7, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #155 of 173
I just picked up two more pairs for recabling and general messing-around-with.

May 7, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #156 of 173
I just got three today (one for recabling, one for comparison, and one for selling or something) and it seems like my sister, father, and mother each want one now. But from what I remember, there are only 2 left at the local Radio Shack, though. I'm thinking about ordering more online and selling them to kids at my school for $15+.

May 7, 2006 at 7:25 AM Post #158 of 173
Great, I need to get myself to CC tomorrow, just hope they don't hassle me about it.

I'm already on my second pair of ksc75, the first pair had an accident.
frown.gif
How many should I get this time?
icon10.gif

May 7, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #159 of 173
Quote:

Mwa ha har! Went to CC, got the price match, "painted" (Sharpie) them black, and am enjoyin them.

Go Sharpie Mod!

May 7, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #160 of 173
Can someone tell me what is so special about these headphones? I mean why are people buying mulitples (like 3) if they aren't giving them out to anyone. A mod? What kind of mods can you do with these?

May 7, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #161 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigDee
Can someone tell me what is so special about these headphones? I mean why are people buying mulitples (like 3) if they aren't giving them out to anyone. A mod? What kind of mods can you do with these?

Well the bottom line is, these have $50-$100 (depending on personal preference) headphone sound for roughly (right now) $9.99 coupled witha lifetime warranty from Koss.

People buy multiple pairs because:

a. They use the extra pair to mod which includes swapping drivers/driver units, recabling
b. As a backup pair or for home/outdoor use
c. We're evil and making friends/relatives try them out and bringing more people to the headfi'ing fold
evil_smiley.gif

May 7, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #163 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeri534
So how do I get these pricematched?

Bring the Radioshack ad to Ciruit City, or wherever, and ask them if they will do a price match for you. Maybe even give you more of a discount.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back