Heads UP - KSC75's for $9.99
May 4, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #136 of 173
I got my KSC75 today and just wanted add to another WOW for a $10 can. This blowed off the HD201 easily (what a comparison $10 price difference, lol). I am right now listening some classical stuff and it's gooooodd.

One concern though, I listened Chan Chan from buena vista social club, and after every musical gap if he starts something with s, it sounds a very sharp sssssssssssssss's. Perhaps my PA2V2??

Edit: I mean perhaps my pa2v2 causing that?

May 5, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #138 of 173
Was in Radio Shack today with my daughter who owns an Ipod. They had the $9.95 deal so I picked up a pair for her to use. Of course, she has said to me "no, I don't need any headphones, I like my buds". She's listened to the Ipod with my Grados, and loved 'em, but they're obviously not "cool". When we plugged in the KSC 75s she listens (to some old Mott the Hoople I put on her Ipod no less) and says "these *do* sound good, thanks Dad!"

Music to a audiophile father's ears (pun intended).

They sound pretty good for $10, but IMO they are *not* "Grado Killers".

May 5, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #139 of 173
should I buy the one with volume control? Or see if my circuit city will price match? I dont even need volume control b/c my portable device has a remote with volume control already on it.

May 5, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #140 of 173
I went ahead and bought two pair at the local 'shack. The one by me is going out of business so all items in the store are 10-50% off. I asked the woman behind the counter (manager?) where they "headphones on sale" are and she just pointed to the wall of headphones. I found the 75's and grabbed two. She rang them up and said that it would be $48.xx. I responded with "aren't these on sale for 9.99?" I picked up the ad they had on the counter and showed it to her. She gave me a disgusted look and was quite flustered. She eventually rang them up as 9.99. No wonder they are going out of business.

Anyway, I haven't broken them in but they are pretty good for $10. I still prefer my PX100's, but maybe I haven't customized the clips enough for my ears? I didn't think I would like the inline volume control, but it is really handy for when I have my iPod in my back pocket and want to lower the volume quickly. It keeps me from having to switch the hold button off an then using the iPod's volume control. Thanks for the head's up OP. I would never have seen the ad as I don't get the sunday newspaper.
-Steve

May 6, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #141 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by photek
should I buy the one with volume control? Or see if my circuit city will price match? I dont even need volume control b/c my portable device has a remote with volume control already on it.

I just got through with re-wiring mine, and I was surprised how easy the wires just pulled out of the volume control - not much more than one quick tug. So I would get the plain version if only because they'll be a lot sturdier.

May 6, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #142 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by sjt78
I went ahead and bought two pair at the local 'shack. The one by me is going out of business so all items in the store are 10-50% off. I asked the woman behind the counter (manager?) where they "headphones on sale" are and she just pointed to the wall of headphones. I found the 75's and grabbed two. She rang them up and said that it would be $48.xx. I responded with "aren't these on sale for 9.99?" I picked up the ad they had on the counter and showed it to her. She gave me a disgusted look and was quite flustered. She eventually rang them up as 9.99. No wonder they are going out of business.

Anyway, I haven't broken them in but they are pretty good for $10. I still prefer my PX100's, but maybe I haven't customized the clips enough for my ears? I didn't think I would like the inline volume control, but it is really handy for when I have my iPod in my back pocket and want to lower the volume quickly. It keeps me from having to switch the hold button off an then using the iPod's volume control. Thanks for the head's up OP. I would never have seen the ad as I don't get the sunday newspaper.
-Steve

next time speak your mind, let her know why they're going out of business

May 6, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #143 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by BluesDaddy
Music to a audiophile father's ears (pun intended).

HAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! great one!

yeah, i picked up a second pair since i'd like to have one with the volume for my iBook. paid $25 for my first pair, which ended up on the sportapro headband. goin to give those old ones every mod i can find and think of. yes, i'll probably woodie those too. wait till you guys see my next woodie koss design.

May 6, 2006 at 10:20 AM Post #146 of 173
Haha KSC-75 woodies, that'd be the day.

Nice job bennyboy! Scored yourself a free pair of KSC-75 AND personalized your own pair, good work
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2006 at 10:51 AM Post #147 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyBoy
I've had mine for a couple of days now and they do sound good!
When I went to the shack to buy another pair the sales person offered me
the pair free if I paint up a pair for him! They look so cheap in silver.

http://static.flickr.com/56/141195754_6ee00f432f_o.jpg

Wow! That looks amazing BennyBoy. How are you painting them?

May 6, 2006 at 1:57 PM Post #148 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubsdaddy
I did a price match at CC to get a KSC75 without the volume control. They called a local store to check the price and availablity. I didn't get the extra 10% difference though.

Ditto here. Since CC's selling them for $20, I think the salesperson was reluctant to give them to me for half the price. But it might have been because I grabbed all three pairs that they had left on the shelf...

May 6, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #149 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
Wow! That looks amazing BennyBoy. How are you painting them?

I start with a Redi Mark Black Permanent marker. I mark the whole phone in black than wait 20 mins. I than use rubbing alcohol to remove some of the black. A short time later I use a spray can of automotive touch up paint(cherry red with pearl). The paint is not a solid color and this will allow the different shade's to show thru.

icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back