Heads UP - KSC75's for $9.99
Apr 30, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #16 of 173
An absolutely excellent deal! I'll definitely have to pick up a pair of these for my mom sometime during the week. She needs a pair of earphones without a headband (because of her hair
rolleyes.gif
)

Apr 30, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #17 of 173
I just picked up a pair aswell, it is nationwide no doubt.

And it is the one with the vol. control but model # and everything else is the same, so who knows.

Apr 30, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #19 of 173
wow thanks for puttin this up... i've been really thinking about getting these for a while and now they're $9.99, w00t!

just got home from my local radio shack with a pair of these... can't wait to try them out! i hope the inline volume control doesn't make a big difference, but either way i'm sure they'll sound just heavenly for $10

Apr 30, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #22 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
Ok for sure i am getting a pair today.

Now that volume control can be taken away by a recable correct?

Well if you rip the old cable out, and the volume control is attached to the cable...
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 30, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #23 of 173
i looked on radio shack's website and it appears that the sale should last until may 13

Apr 30, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #24 of 173
I'm very tempted to go pick up a pair of these today as a knock around headphone (although thats what my cheap sony's may become when my new ones come in)

Apr 30, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #25 of 173
Even though the sound would be worse due to the inline volume control, wouldn't the drivers be the same? If they are, then this would be a great buy for people who feel like making some mods
very_evil_smiley.gif
Can anyone confirm, same drivers?

I just bought a pair on amazon for 15 bucks too...

Apr 30, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #26 of 173
Well, my mom wants me to run down to the "center" (place with stores, restaurants, radioshack, about 3 blocks down) and pick some stuff up for her. I'll check radioshack to see if they have any. Last time I was there I forgot to check.

*edit*
I just checked the radioshack website....
It says they're $24.99. I don't know if thats just if you order them online, but I've gotta go down there anyways.
Just checked the status of the item. It says that they're in stock, so I've got my hopes up!

Apr 30, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #27 of 173
so for someone thats not going to re-cable a pair of headphones, is it really worth the extra $5 + shipping to get the ones that dont have the in line volume?

Apr 30, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #29 of 173
@guitarman: I would say go and try out the ones with volume control. If you don't like them, bring 'em back and say that they don't work or something and you just want a refund. That or find a project to do with them.
tongue.gif

Apr 30, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #30 of 173
My last pair were accidently "borrowed" my my 3 YO and suddenly became 1 channel only. I actually like the volume control, since the Mrs. likes to ask questions while I'm listening to music. I can't tell any difference in the sound between these and my old ones (w/o volume control) - sounds like an urban legend.
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back