HeadRoom's Home dac, the SB Duet's dac, or SB Classic's dac?
Jul 21, 2008 at 1:03 PM Post #31 of 34
Perhaps I could use a decent dac with analog XLR balanced outputs. Perhaps the Apogee Mini-Dac fits in here..

Jul 21, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #32 of 34
Why not take a step back and think about what you're looking for in the big picture. You've got a headroom balanced hom with dac, correct? You like how it sounds, but wish it would let you listen to unbalanced sources with your balanced headphones?

Your options would be:

1) Have a box built to balance unbalanced sources
2) Replace your unbalanced sources with balanced ones
3) Replace your dac and amp

The minidac is a great source, I wouldn't mind having one again. But it seems like you're grasping without taking the time to understand what's going on with your situation.

Jul 21, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #33 of 34
True, I have a HeadRoom home with Home dac (not the Maxed dac). I just want to use my balanced headphone in a balanced way
smily_headphones1.gif
True, I should be more relaxed.
For the 1st time I tested the Stello Dac with the HR Balanced via XLR IC's, it was so awesome to hear (finally) true balanced sound
smily_headphones1.gif
. Now I am saving for another high-end dac (probably it will be become the Apogee mini-dac). But first, I will try out the HR home dac and couple of times and then I will decide if I will get another high-end dac.

Jul 21, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #34 of 34
I adjusted my rigs a bit (check out my signature). I moved the Stello dac to the room of the HR Home amp, now I am looking for a decent dac to replace the Stello dac in my K1000 rig. I believe I am most interested the Apogee Mini-Dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back