HeadRoom Triple Stack Package
May 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

sregor

Head-Fier
Greetings everyone,

I recently saw HeadRoom is offering their Triple-Stack Balanced Ultra Desktop Package for $2,300 and a free balanced recabling of your choice up to $250.

There hasn't been a lot of chatter about HeadRoom's products around here lately and I love my Micro Amp and DAC set up at work.

My question is, would it be worth it to jump from a HRT Music Streamer > Schiit Lyr to the Ultra Desktop Balanced package? Would I see enough of a gain going to a new balanced system to warrant the price tag? Would that amp have enough guts to properly power my HE-500s?

I appreciate any and all input. Thanks!

May 31, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 9
I feel ashamed to double post and bump my own thread but I am really interested in this set up.

Any insight on this?

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 9
The amp powers the HE6, never mind a simple HE500, it's VERY powerful. It has 11W into 32ohm and 0.6W into 600ohm (I had the old version with the internal DAC).

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
The amp powers the HE6, never mind a simple HE500, it's VERY powerful. It has 11W into 32ohm and 0.6W into 600ohm (I had the old version with the internal DAC).

If you don't mind my asking, where did you find this info?

Jun 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #6 of 9
This weight challenged but informative person :) told me ... and I also switched the gain to high once on my HF2's. I had the old balanced desktop with the home dac/amp upgrades ... maybe the ultra is lower power but I doubt it.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlaQqvIgevI[/VIDEO]

Jun 2, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
This weight challenged but informative person
smily_headphones1.gif
told me ... and I also switched the gain to high once on my HF2's. I had the old balanced desktop with the home dac/amp upgrades ... maybe the ultra is lower power but I doubt it.

Unless I missed something, that video didn't say anything about power outputs of the BUDA :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back