HeadRoom shocking for internation customers
Sep 14, 2007 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

davidw89

100+ Head-Fier
Ok heres the dilemma
They do offer paypal but supprot is REALLY damn slow (took 4 days to reply via email)
After that, they quoted me $45 USD to ship to Australia which is outrageous..i think i am gonna go somewhere else to buy now

Then emailed them again
Quote:

It would be about $35-$40.

This is freaking ridiculous..can they not get their international postage correct?
And i rekon shipping fee should be around $20 Max (like ebay)

Sep 14, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 53
What were you looking to buy? It's very possible that shipping is that high (depending on what you were looking to buy). I've shipped several items and easily exceeded $40 on several occations.

Sep 14, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #3 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok heres the dilemma
They do offer paypal but supprot is REALLY damn slow (took 4 days to reply via email)
After that, they quoted me $45 USD to ship to Australia which is outrageous..i think i am gonna go somewhere else to buy now

Then emailed them again

This is freaking ridiculous..can they not get their international postage correct?
And i rekon shipping fee should be around $20 Max (like ebay)

Hello,
Out standard overseas mailing is via Priority FedEx Air Express delivery service. Shipping to Australia from Montana USA via this method is right around $45usd for any package between 0-4lbs.... You then asked for our CHEAPEST shipping option which is USPS Mail around $35usd which we can use for small, less expensive items like an earphone or short audio interconnects. Sorry we can not match eBay prices on international shipping.

Jorge
HR Sales & Product Manager

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 53
This is what i am looking to buy:
http://www.headphone.com/products/he...udio-white.php

Fair enough, i have checked ebay..same price..way cheaper postage.. (About $20)
What i don't get is if someone else can do it cheaper, then why can't you? It's not like it actually cost $45 USD to ship (you know as much as i do)

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #5 of 53
What method is that "person" on ebay using? What packing materials, who is paying for their time? Shipping costs are not simply the amount you give the post office.

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #6 of 53
ok fair enough but how about we negotiate to reduce the excessive packaging?
My other headphone came with $7 shipping :/ it was done all good..

Sep 15, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #7 of 53
This is the reason i've never bought anything relatively "cheap" from Headroom.Paying 40$ to ship a 50$ earphone doesn't make much sense (to the buyer) even if the packaging is very good etc.To the OP:If you want a decent "budget" canalphone buy a CK7 or d-jays from Audiocubes:EMS Speed Post $8.00
i have been buying from Audiocubes for years and never had any problems.Love the cheap shipping
wink.gif

Sep 15, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #8 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is what i am looking to buy:
http://www.headphone.com/products/he...udio-white.php

Fair enough, i have checked ebay..same price..way cheaper postage.. (About $20)
What i don't get is if someone else can do it cheaper, then why can't you? It's not like it actually cost $45 USD to ship (you know as much as i do)

I have sold and shipped quite a few things, and in fact you really could not be more wrong!

Shipping in fact does cost that much!

Do you really think that Headroom should swallow that cost just because you don't want to pay it?

If you could buy it from an Australian vendor than you would, right? Could it be that there are no Australian vendors because shipping is so expensive? Have you thought of that?

Sep 15, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #9 of 53
I still can't believe you're comparing eBay prices. On a side note, I've bought from HeadRoom a few times and I remember shipping wasn't cheap either. So its not just international customers. The way I figure, if the price doesn't float your boat, go buy somewhere else.

Sep 15, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #10 of 53
I looked into the cost of shipping my HA5000 amp into Hong Hong from Virginia using Priority Mail and it would cost about 100$ insured. Shipping costs can be shocking but it is not Headroom that is doing the shocking.

Sep 15, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #11 of 53
What's up with slamming Headroom for shipping? Headroom may not be the cheapest when it comes to shipping and handling, but the fee is in line with other stores (e.g., TTVJ, GoodCans). It seems the OP already knows places that will ship the item for cheaper, so go buy there.

Show me an ebay store that offers the kind of service, satisfaction guarantee, and trust provided by Headroom.

Audiocubes caters to overseas customers. I highly doubt that international sales is where Headroom does most of its business.

Sep 15, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #13 of 53
According to USPS.com, shipping from USA to Australia for such an item would be $32 and take 5 days. Add that to shipping materials and labor.

Sep 15, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #14 of 53
International shipping rates can be extremely shocking. I ran into this when I was selling my Meridian G08. I had 7 serious buyers from Asian countries that backed out when I quoted them the shipping cost. Also realize that Paypal seller protection (for what that is worth) is only avaialble if you use trackable shipping methods. If you use the cheapest method, then as a seller you can easily get screwed over by unscrupulous buyers (and PayPal).

Sep 15, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #15 of 53
Yeah I got majorly screwed by this once by offering to cover shipping thinking it would be ~100-150 dollars but then it fedex quoted me ~400. Luckily I ended up only paying 300 with usps but it was still way more than I had expected. Ohwell, lesson learned. Doesn't stop me from shipping all the way around the world... but shipping will always be on the buyer ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back