Headroom is coming to Ottawa! Ottawa Head-fi meet redux Sunday July 3rd
Jun 17, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #32 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
okay, well, I will see if I can get a classroom at ottawa U. that could simply matters

That's a great idea to use a classroom. The room at the Chimo is going to be too big. We never seem to get more than 10 to 12 people at the meets.

Jun 17, 2005 at 4:09 PM Post #33 of 44
Quote:

Of course, for getting our hopes up for a Canadian meet, I do believe at least a select few of us deserves a free Max. Thanks for that
biggrin.gif

I've talked to Ivy about that, or something like it, for all the hosts that got dumped on by this thing, and she will ship you the host goddie bag for volunteering. Would you please email ivy@headphone.com your address info?

Thanks for understanding.

Jun 18, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

okay, well, I will see if I can get a classroom at ottawa U. that could simply matters

Will it be the same date (July 3rd)?

Jun 18, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #35 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrilix
Will it be the same date (July 3rd)?

We shall see. I am insanely busy these days, with little to no time during the typical business hours (for the school that is 8-4) and so it may be another weekend if I can't get around to figuring out a room. I am away most of next week at a conference and unfortunately am away the following week at another conference and won't return until June 30th. That does not leave much time for me to organize.

Jun 18, 2005 at 9:18 PM Post #36 of 44
Quote:

We shall see. I am insanely busy these days, with little to no time during the typical business hours (for the school that is 8-4) and so it may be another weekend if I can't get around to figuring out a room. I am away most of next week at a conference and unfortunately am away the following week at another conference and won't return until June 30th. That does not leave much time for me to organize.

The problem is that I'm leaving Canada on July 9th, and I was going to help Zemo bring some amps, so if you guys have it any/much later, then things may not work out. Send me a message if you don't think you'll be able to organize it early enough so I can think about what to do with the amps before I go.

Jun 23, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #37 of 44
Hey guys,

I would love to try to make a meet in Ottawa I just love the city, and I havn't seen Zanth in ages.

July 3rd of course just happens to be the day after my stag and well unfortunetaly I will be in no shape to drive 5.5 hours in the morning.

If the date happens to be later on in the month then you guys can count me in. I'm starting up work in South Eastern ontario on the 11th so I just may be in the area.

Keep us posted Zanth etc..

Jun 26, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #38 of 44
We seriously need more details for this mini-meet...I'm about to get some new amps sent to me but without details I'll have no clue what to do with them. Please post some more info if you can, Zanth.

Edit: Seeing that you'll return on June 30th...well... I don't really have much else to say. I just hope that you can quickly scramble up some details after that.

Jun 27, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #39 of 44
I think that once again the big Ottawa meet will have to be deferred. Zanth is way too busy to be getting everything organized in time for the 3rd. While I wouldn't mind shelling out half for the room at Chimo, it would only be for a few people. I don't think it would be worthwhile.

Zanth, of course, has the final say about the status of this meet, but as far as I can see, we will not be having a meet on the 3rd anymore.

Jun 27, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #40 of 44
Hey Guys.

I'm headed to a conference tomorrow am, and won't return until Wednesday night. I was away all last week and most of the weekend. I just don't have enough time at the moment to get it all organized. The Chimo was a go, but only for a good sized meet with Headroom. Even with Ken offering to pay half, I feel it would have been a waste to shell out close to 300 bucks for a meet that may or may not exceed 10 people. Once July hits I will have a lot more down time (one of my jobs will kinda be on hiatus for that month...I have three) and so will be in a better position to get a classroom or something else organized.

Though don't let me be the hold up here! I don't have to be the one to organize! I have already requested help in this mattter. If someone can swing something for the same date, then I am still in for that, I booked it off a long time ago and it is still open for me. Otherwise, if it is left up to me, it will have to wait for another weekend.

Jun 27, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #42 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
I am definitely in! I don't have much to bring, but I certainly want to come.

You don't need to have stuff at all. Just a pair of ears and an eagerness to enjoy some time with some headphones
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 6:39 PM Post #43 of 44
Well, does anyone have any ideas for a meet that can be held in Ottawa before July 8th? If not, then I'm going to have to cancel all plans.

Jul 3, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #44 of 44
Well, after all this time, I guess the Ottawa meet isn't happening then. Are you guys planning on having it? If not, to either Zanth or Ken_loo, can I drop off Zemo's amps at your houses in case you decide to start something? Zemo said that he'd cover the shipping costs, but I have about one week left in Ottawa, so I figure that would be the best option. If you guys can take it off my hands within a week, please send me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back