Headroom amps: too pricey?
Aug 17, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #46 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i actually think most amps if purchased new are a bit too pricey. the FS forum is your friend.

hello?? is no one buys new then there is no second hand market. While the FS forum is great I have been equally happy to buy amps new as have you.

In order for us to get the amps we want the manufactures have to be able to make a fair profit.

Tyll has been at the forefront of a few innovations and should be able to reap the rewards. Although I bet he is making far less profit than many other manufactures

Aug 17, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #47 of 55
^^ odd post. but okay.
confused.gif

there will be always be those who want the newest products right when they come out, or are reluctant to buy used gear in general, or don't have access to used markets, or the item they want is seldom available second hand. these people will buy new, and when/if they decide to move on, others will benefit. and of course the initial purchaser will benefit as well as selling the item will help to defray the cost of his newest acquisition. but i suspect this is very obvious to you, which is why i find your post odd and slightly antagonistic.

Sep 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #48 of 55
For what its worth... I found a young woman selling a lot of electronic gear at a yard sale...  I bought a brand new Bithead for $25...  I later heard her say she had a fight with her boyfriend and was selling their gear before the break up.  Ouch.  I went to my car and left immediately.  heh

Sep 19, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #49 of 55

Quote:
For what its worth... I found a young woman selling a lot of electronic gear at a yard sale...  I bought a brand new Bithead for $25...  I later heard her say she had a fight with her boyfriend and was selling their gear before the break up.  Ouch.  I went to my car and left immediately.  heh

A bithead at a yard sale? That's awesome.

Sep 19, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #50 of 55
I just had a terrible fight with my girlfriend, then got in the car and drove off for awhile.

When I got back, it turns out that she sold a bunch of my stuff.

Any ideas where I can find it?

wink.gif

Sep 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #51 of 55
Quote:

I hope your just Joshing 
basshead.gif

Never mind. Must have coffee before logging in...

confused_face.gif

Sep 19, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #52 of 55

Quote:

That was frigging awesome!

The yard sales I normally drive past consist mainly of ugly used clothes and dirty looking kids' toys. But next time, I'll be sure to look out for angry looking young women!

Sep 19, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #53 of 55

Quote:
I just had a terrible fight with my girlfriend, then got in the car and drove off for awhile.

sorry uncle erik, but unless you want a chase across america mad max style, you aren't getting anything back

" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//wink.gif" title="
wink.gif
" width="" />

Sep 20, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #54 of 55

What was even more amazing regarding this amp ... just a few weeks ago I went to an Audiophile meeting in Southern Calif., where HeadRoom was one of the sponsors.  They had every amp in their line on display, Airhead, Total Bithead.... etc. up through the Balanced Ultra.  They had Beyerdynamic T1s, Grados, Denons, Senn HD 800s, HD 650s, AKG 701, 702s, Ultrasone 8s, Beyer T50ps with mp3 players, cd players, ipods, laptops and even iPads!!!   I did A/B comparisons for 2 hours.  One of the most enjoyable days of my life.

I have HD 650s and just drooled over the HD 800s (they were the best in room, bar none).  Anywho, I really wanted the Total Bithead amp, they were offering it there for 15% off the $159... I almost pulled the trigger.   Thank God for the lucky yard sale.  $25 matched my Scottish cheapskate heart.

I guess the moral of the story is keep your girlfriend happy or lock up your gear... 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back